The glade

NONE OF THESE CHARCTERS BELONG TO ME, THEY ALL BELONG TO THE AMAZING JAMES DASHNER

((Trigger warnings: Suicide attempts, Suicide thoughts, Suicide, Self blame, Grief, Depresion, self harm, loss))

Newt's POV:

Minho was kissing me. We were pressed up against the wall of the homestead, our lips touching. Me and Minho had grown close, since we were the first two greenies after everyone came at once. We became friends, and a couple months later we had become boyfriends. Only our friend Alby knew, and we tried to keep it a secret from everyone else. Which brings me back to the fact that we were behind the homestead making out. We pulled away, out of breath.

" Min, we should probably go to bed. I mean, we have to run tomorrow."

Me and Minho were running partners in the maze, and I was the keeper of the runners, so I especially had to run.

"Oh, alright."

I grabbed his hand, and practically dragged him to our hammocks, him whining all the way.

"Why can't we stay longer?"

" Well, do you want to have someone find out?"

" . . . No."

" So let's go!"

We went to our hammocks, which were right next to each other. We had learned that if we held hands till we drifted off, usually our hands dropped each other sometime in the night, so we could do that.

" Good night Min."

" Good night Newt."

Minho's POV :

I woke up with Newt still asleep. I decided to pack both of our bags before I wake him to head out. I grabbed two packs and headed for the kitchen. Frypan should be up right now, having the kitchen up and running. I knocked on the door to the kitchen, and sure enough, a bleary, covered in flour, Frypan stood in front of me.

" Hi there Fry! Just grabbing the daily rations for running."

Frypan stepped aside letting me in.

" I told you not to call me Fry."

" Sorry. . . Fry"

Frypan ignored the comment and looked down at the two bags I was holding.

" Why do you have two bags today?"

" Oh, I'm filling Newt's up for him."

Frypan smirked at me.

" Ah, young love."

I started. What? How did he know?

" First of all, we're probably the same age, and second, we aren't in love."

Frypan folded his arms and smiled as I opened the fridge and started stuffing our sacks with food.

" Well, until we know for sure, I am older than you. And, it's not like you're trying very hard to hide your love. I see you guys slip behind buildings, and reemerge holding hands smiling, and every night you guys hold hands."

Shuck.

" W-Well I gotta get going."

" Bye . . . lovebird."

" Bye . . . Fry."

I ran out of the kitchen with my cheeks burning. Was it really that obvious? Whatever. Newt should be up by now, and I gotta give him his pack so we can set off. I headed up to the hammocks, just as I saw Newt get out of his hammock.