Crazy

Minho's POV:

I had just finished setting the fire, when I heard Newt's screaming

"You can! And you will! Now!"

What was he doing? What was he saying? I jumped up, and ran towards the berg crash site. I saw Newt, standing there.

That wasn't the bad part.

Then I saw Thomas only a few feet away, pointing a shucking gun at him!

That was the bad part.

I screamed and ran at Thomas, I tackled him to the ground and yanked the gun out of his hand

"You shucking shank! What are you doing? What were you thinking?"

I punched him with every word. He pushed my hands away, and managed to get out a few words in between my hits.

"Wait, Minho, he asked, it was his idea!"

Wait, what? I stood up, got off Thomas, and just looked at Newt.

"Newt? D-Did you ask him to do it?"

Newt had been looking at the ground, and he looked up with tears in his eyes.

"Y- I d-did."

I walked over to Newt, and embraced him.

"Why didn't you t-tell me?"

Newt buried his face in my shoulder

"B-Because I was being s-stupid, and I d-didn't want to hurt y-you. . ."

I just couldn't anymore.

"Newt, baby, please. I know you won't hurt me. I know you're not stupid."

Newt just nodded and just buried himself deeper into my shoulder.

"I might have t-though. . ."

"No, no, you wouldn't have."

I scooped up Newt bridle style, and carried him back to the campfire. I set him down and he immediately slumped into my shoulder. Thomas had stayed behind to keep looking for supplies, and so me and Newt were alone.

"Baby, baby you are amazing and not stupid and would never hurt anyone."

Newt shook his head

"No, no that's wrong. . ."

I wrapped my arms around him and squeezed him hard

"No, it's not. You are amazing. You are my whole life. You are the person I love the most."

Newt smiled bitterly

"If you love me the most, you might want to meet some more people."

I started crying at that.

Chalk up another tally for my heart shattering.

Newt was crying, and I felt the wetness of his tears. I was crying too. Harder than I ever have in my whole life. The fire was still going, but I didn't feel any warmth. It was like that dream I had. Newt was with me, and I felt no warmth from the fire. Newt's eyes were closed, and his head was buried in my shoulder

"Newt, will you just stay with me, just until we get the serum? The flare could be infesting your mind. . ."

Newt nodded.

"I'll try."

I snuggled up to Newt. I needed him to stay with me. I needed my will of life to stay with me.

Newt's POV:

My whole body felt cold, even though there was a fire only a few inches away. Minho was next to me, trying to say things to make me feel better.

"Newt, don't worry, the cure will be here in the morning. . ."

I nodded. The flare wasn't making me crazy, yet. It just hurt.

Hurt a lot.

It felt like there was something in my brain. . .

"Newt? You okay?"

I think I managed a nod, but my head hurt too much to tell. I think I fell asleep. I couldn't tell if it was because of the pain or sadness I felt. I woke up, still leaning against Minho. I looked around. It was the same place, Except for a few things. The fire was out, and Thomas was here, sitting on the opposite log, the sky looked gray.

I stood up, and almost screamed from the stabbing sensation in my brain. I immediately fell back into my seat, and Minho glanced at me

"Are you okay?"

I grimaced, and managed to get a few words through my gritted teeth.

"Oh. . . Yeah, just a headache."

Minho looked skeptical, and he started to tell me something.

"Well they should be back soon-"

My brain exploded in a burst of pain, and all I saw was red. I felt my body move, I felt something give under me, I felt my hand move. I couldn't think about anything, just the feeling of spiky legged creatures scuttling against my skull. I was breathing, but barely. I could feel my lungs contracting and expanding with each breath, but not enough. I heard Minho yell

"Thomas! Go now! Meet them! We need the cure now!"

I felt something around my arms, I felt the feeling of something hard. Suddenly, white light entered the field of red, and I could see again. I wasn't on the log. I was pressed against the snow covered ground, Minho holding me down, his expression frantic and heartbroken, tears streaming down his face. Half of his face was a bright red.

"Min? What. . ."

Minho glanced back down at me

"Oh, baby! You- you went crazy. . ."

At the word crazy, his voice cracked and he closed his mouth as more tears streamed down his face.

"But, where?"

Minho took a deep breath

"Y-You got off the log, and started writhing on the ground. I tried to help you u-up, and you hit me, you tried to attack Thomas as he was leaving, I had to restrain you, Thomas is meeting them. You'll be cured soon, Newt. It'll be okay."

I gasped in breath after breath. The pain was so, so bad.

"I t-told you I would hurt you. . ."

Minho smiled sadly at me

"I could care less."

I felt the stabbing, crawling sensation start again. I was heaving for breath now

"M-Min, it's. . ."

Minho looked at me questionably. I managed to pant out the rest

"S-Starting again"

Minho looked scared

"Okay, it's okay Newt. J-Just try to hold on. They should be here soon."

I gritted my teeth. The pain was spreading to the rest of my body, and the corners of my vision were growing red. All at once, it filled my vision, and I couldn't think anymore.

Pain.

Just pain.

That's what my world was. I was aware that my head was bringing itself up, off the ground, while my body was still on the ground. Oh god, was I trying to bite Minho? I heard voices, then one distinct voice. Minho's

"Newt, Newt we're going to inject you now, okay?"

I couldn't tell him anything in agreement. I wasn't in control anymore. I felt the sting of the needle, and the red washed away at a dizzying pace.

My head was above the ground, I had been trying to bite Minho.

I saw Minho's scared face, the red spot where I had hit him, the dirt covering his face, and his tears still running down his face. Then, my head snapped back, and I felt it land on the hard earth.