Safe Haven

Minho's POV:

Okay, don't freak out, ah, who am I kidding. I know I'm going to freak out. Or, like what I was doing right now, I could just stay dumbfounded.

It was like what I saw in the changing. . .

We had gotten Newt the cure.

Except. . . he wasn't exactly aware of it.

Or conscious.

Brenda came up to me. I was on the frozen ground next to Newt. I was just kind of clinging onto his arm. He had gone crazy. . . I was in a state similar to shock

"Minho, I'm sorry, but we have to go. The right arm is going to blow WICKED up soon, and we have to have already gone through the flat-tans inside."

I was still crying

"B-But what about Newt?"

Brenda glanced over at Newt

". . .We leave him I guess."

I didn't make any move that I had acknowledged what she had said. I just warily stood up, and heaved Newt's body onto my shoulders, then looked over at the group who had already packed up and was waiting for me.

"Let's go."

Thomas tried to object, but I just started running. I heard the others following. We ran through trees, but I barely noticed them. I barely noticed anything, except for Newt's ragged breathing, his limp form, and his warmth.

So, naturally, when I snapped out of it, and saw a giant building, you couldn't blame me for taking a few steps back. Teresa laughs.

"It's okay. I know it looks really big, but after a while you get used to it. . ."

What did she mean by that? What does that even-

No. Come on brain. Focus. We have to get through that flat-trans. For Newt. I ran up to the door, and reached for the door knob. Right before I touched it, an explosion burst through the other side of the building. I fell backwards, landing on Newt. I immediately got off of him, and picked him back up. I stood up, still stunned and shaking. Aris walked up, looking just as stunned as I was.

"T-They started early. . ."

He turned to face the others.

"Guys. We gotta go. Now."

The others rushed forward, and we burst through the door, spilling into the hallway. Another explosion rocked the building, sending everyone stumbling.

"Where the shuck is it?"

I was able to yell over the sound of cracking stone and breaking glass. Jorge started half walking half stumbling down the hall

"I-It's this way. . ."

I nodded and followed him. Right when we reached the door that was supposed to lead to the flat-trans, a loud burst of noise and light came from almost right over our heads. Jorge's face paled, and he swung the door open, ushering everyone inside. It was getting bad.

"Hurry, hurry, get in the flat-trans!"

The second he was done talking, another bomb detonated. This time directly above us. Large chunks of concrete rained down on us, and I ran. I got to the flat-trans. I got through it. I carefully lay Newt down on the outside of it. I ran back in. Thomas and Teresa were the only ones left inside. Thomas had stumbled and fallen, and almost in slow motion, I saw a rock fall towards him. It would kill him. I ran towards him, knowing I wouldn't make it.

I didn't even know what I would do once I got to him.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Teresa. Thomas was kneeling now, still unaware of the rock. Teresa jumped forward and pushed him out of the way. Teresa was now under the rock. The rock crushed Teresa. I saw the blood. I heard the scream. Thomas just stood there stunned. Then he tried to push the rock off, to save her.