Together

Minho's POV:

After I woke up, I just lay there, to spent to do anything. What if Newt wasn't okay? Time passed slowly and quickly at the same time. I was hungry but not hungry. I was cold but I was warm. I was dead but not dead. Finnaily, Finnaily, I heard footsteps, but then I saw Gally's face, my hopes died.

"What do you want?"

Gally looked sheepish. Huh, I'd never seen him look like that before. . .

"Well, I, I just wanted to say. . ."

Gally was fidgeting with his hands

"I just wanted to say I'm sorry about, you know, what I said. It's not been easy since I've been stung. . ."

I don't know what I was thinking, but I jumped up and hugged Gally. Maybe my brain had been fried from all the traumatic stuff. Gally just kind of stood there, while I squeezed him. After a couple seconds, Gally pushed me off looking embarrassed

"Why?"

"I don't know."

I had some brain issues for sure now. There Newt was, possibly dead, and I was here hugging Gally, for no reason. That reminded me

"How's Newt?"

I wanted and didn't want to hear the answer. Like when you need to know something but don't necessarily want to know in case it's bad.

"Well, that's what Alby told me to tell you. Newt's ready to be visited by now. I think he really needs you."

Without saying another word I bolted towards the med-jack hut. I mean, I felt kind of bad for just leaving Gally there, but come on. I was just about to bolt inside the med-jack hut's entrance, when a hand caught me by the arm. My momentum nearly pulled my arm out of its socket. I turned and saw Alby there, still holding on to my arm.

"Ow, Alby, come on."

Alby let go of my arm, but gave me a look that said if I ran in, I would die.

"Okay, what is it?"

I grabbed my arm and started vigorously rubbing it. Good think I was already at the shucking med-jack hut, because Alby might have broken my arm. Alby's face looked slightly grave. I paled

"D-Did he die?"

Alby looked surprised, then chuckled

"What? No, no he didn't. It's something else. You know he broke his leg?"

"I thought so"

"Well, it's broken. . . forever."

"What does that mean?"

"Well, he'll have a limp, and he won't be able to run without being in pain."

"So, so he can't be a runner anymore?"

"I'm afraid he can't. . . "

I don't shucking care! I mean, like, duh, I did care. I cared about it more than anything in the world. I cared about Newt more than anything in the world! But, right now, all I wanted to do was go see him. . .

"Why are you telling me this?"

"Because I just told Newt, and I didn't want you to accidentally mention running, and upset him."

Good point. I would never want to do that.

"Good that, can I go in now?"

Alby nodded, and I bolted through the door and to Newt. He was on the upper floor, and I skipped three steps at a time trying to get there. When I entered his door, I saw him lying on the makeshift bed, and I ran over to him. I hugged him. I kissed him. I started crying.