Jump

Newt's POV:

Climbing up the ivy was amazing. The feel of the rough stone walls mixed with the flimsy and soft material of the vines. The wind blowing my hair. The sky above me, the ground below me. I wondered if I could fly. Just fly away from this horrible place.

Finnaily, I got to the point where my brain refused to let me go any higher. Just another scheme of the creators. I fastned myself to the wall with the vines, and let my hands go slack. Now, I looked around. There was one of the stupid creatures we named 'beetle blades' which we think the creators use to watch us. I gave it a look, then smashed it with my fist. Man, it felt good to hear the crunch. Now I looked around, and couldn't even see above any shucking walls. The view from where I was on the ivy, was the wall right across from me. Well I guess that's it.

No way out

No way out

No way out.

I looked down at the ground. It looked so far down.

I looked up at the sky. It looked so far up.

And, here I was. In between. I felt tears on my cheeks.

Why was I crying?

Because I missed Minho?

No. Because I was empty?

No. Because I knew there was no way out?

No, that was wrong too. Because there was a way out.

With that thought, I realized why I was crying.

I realized what I was about to do.

But, I should be happy.

I finally found a way out.

No way out

No way out

No way out

No, that was wrong. I knew there was a way out. And I knew I was going to take that path out.

I stopped crying.

Because I knew I'd finnaily be free.

I smiled because I would fly.

I would fly out of this bloody maze.

I smiled again and whispered almost to myself

"G-Goodbye Min."

Then I jumped.

I heard the snap of the vines as they let go.

I felt the wind and gravity.

I closed my eyes.

I smiled.

I spread my arms out.

I was going to fly.

I was getting out.

Then I heard a crack.

A crack that hurt.

A crack that felt good.

A crack that blacked me out.

Goodbye maze.

Goodbye Minho.

Goodbye life.

Minho's POV:

I had been at the intersection since lunch time. Now it was past the meeting time, and still no Newt. I waited. I waited some more. We had about two hours before the walls closed, and Newt still hadn't come out of section eight.

Stupid

Stupid

Stupid

I shouldn't have let him go alone. . . it's all my fault . . . Newt please come back. . . I had to go get him. He could be hurt or lost or trapped. I had to get him out. I started running. Luckily, I knew section eight pretty well, and could guess where Newt went.