Running

Newt's POV:

The maze felt so. . . I don't know, empty, without Minho. In fact, my whole life has felt empty for a while. I guess I just never realized it.

No way out

No way out

No way out

I made the turns of the maze almost automatically. Even though this wasn't even my section I knew it all too well. All the runners knew the whole shucking maze too well. Why?

Cause every single shucking runner has run every shucking section!

left, right, left, right, right, left, left, right.

Down that way was a dead end. Down that way was a couple more turns until a dead end. This way would keep going till there was a dead end. Again. Every shucking time it ends with a dead end.

No way out

No way out

No way out

I kept going until the sun was in the middle of the sky. Lunch time. I sat, and leaned my back on one of the many, many ivy covered walls, and started digging in my pack for the lunch Frypan had given me. I couldn't taste it. I couldn't hear myself eating. The only thing in my mind was the repeated phrase

No way out

No way out

No way out

What if it was true? What if there really was no way out? Maybe if I climbed up the vines I could get a better look. . . yeah, that's what I'd do. See if there was any visible exit. I put my lunch back in my bag and left it on the ground. Then I started climbing.

Minho's POV:

I was running fast. Trying to forget all the stupid stuff the creators did. Trying to focus my mind on running. It was lunchtime. I sat there thinking about Newt and how lonely it was without him. Don't worry, I'm sure he's okay. He knows how to run, I mean he is the keeper of the runners after all. But, will he though? Maybe I'd go back just a little early. . . and by early, I meant now. With that I started running back towards the section seven and eight intersection.