Dream

Newt's POV:

I saw Minho leave. I wanted him to come back, but I couldn't follow him. I felt Alby carry me to the med-jack hut. I felt the med-jacks roll up my pants to look at my leg. I felt them put something cold on it. Then I felt them put something soft on it. Then they gave me a pill, and I was asleep. When I woke up, I saw Alby.

"Newt, Minho told me what happened. Why didn't you tell someone how you felt?"

Because I was stupid. It was stupid to feel like that. It didn't even work because of how stupid I had been.

"I don't know."

Alby sighed.

"Tell me."

Great. Don't get me wrong, I love Alby. he's like my second best friend other than Minho, but I really didn't wanna talk about this now.

"Because I felt stupid. No one wanted to hear about that. No one else ever felt that way, and I was just being an idiot. I was so stupid, it didn't even work."

No more tears were left in me. I still felt empty.

Alby stood up from the chair he'd been sitting in, and walked over to me.

"Newt. That's not true."

"What's not true?"

"All of it."

"That's a bloody lie."

"No it's not."

I had been looking straight ahead this whole time, but now I looked at Alby. He looked worried and slightly scared.

"Newt, I've had people come talk to me about that all the time. We talk, and now they live as happily as you can here in the maze. And I'm sure as shuck not the only person who'd want to hear about that."

"Oh, yeah? Who?"
"Come on. Minho, you shank! He was so sad, he could barely tell me what happened! That shank loves you to the moon and back, and he would always listen to you!"

Geez. I'd never even thought about that. Maybe when I could get up again I'd go talk to him. . .

Minho's POV:

I don't know how long I've been in Newt's secret spot. I don't have a sense of time anymore. It was my fault. I should have been there for him. I should have noticed. My throat ached from crying, but I couldn't stop. My throat felt as though there was a giant lump in my throat, but I didn't stop. I lay there in a tight ball, hugging myself and shaking, while silently crying for who knows how long. At one point I drifted off, but just dreamed of Newt laying there broken. I tried to stay awake after that. I heard footsteps, and sat up. Was it Newt? No you idiot, it's not Newt. It was Alby. When he came, I stepped out of the spot, and it felt as though someone had taken away a cozy blanket. I was doused in cold, and felt a fresh wave of tears fall from my eyes.

"What the shuck do you want?"

I wasn't in the mood for this.

"I just wanted to tell you that Newt isn't the first glader to feel this way."

"Well, was he the first to jump off?"

"Um. . . yeah, but my point is everythings gonna be okay."

It will all be okay

Those words were what I said to Newt before we parted, and did that turn out okay? No, it sure as shuck didn't. Those words snapped something inside me. I didn't even know my heart had more things to break.

"No. No it won't, Alby."

I was getting closer to him.

"It won't be okay."