Meeting

Newt's POV :

Well, it was time for the 'meeting' whatever that was. Me and Minho were walking down to the homestead after getting an early lunch from a very teasing cook, and when we asked where Frypan was he just shrugged his shoulders. When we walked into the homestead, there was a line of chairs in the front of the room, and two chairs at a table near the back of the room. All the seats were filled except the two chairs by the table. All the keepers were there. Alby motioned towards the two chairs, implying for us to sit. My heart was jack-hammering against my chest. Or was, until I felt Minho's hand on mine under the table. Alby started whatever this thing was supposed to be.

"Minho, Newt, do you know why you're here?"

Minho tried to reply with sass, but was met with silence

"Because we're so awesome?"

Like I said, silence. His smile faltered, and I squeezed his hand.

"No, would you like to try again?"

" Uh, because we're runners?"

Minho tried again. More silence.

"No, you wanna try another time?"

I looked over at Minho, who had a defeated expression on his face. Rage ignited inside of me. No one makes my Min look that way. I stood up so fast, I yanked Minho up, as our hands were still intertwined.

"No, we don't wanna 'guess again'. Just tell me the bloody reason we're here!"

Minho looked at me gratefully, and pulled me back down into my chair. Fry spoke up from his chair.

"Cause you are obviously together!"

Now Minho just looked angry. I'm sure I did too.

"So what?"

Alby's turn.

" Well, you two were, um, you know. . . last night."

Ok, this was just wrong.

"No we weren't! What the shuck are you implying?"

Gally's turn

" Well then what the shuck were you doing? Why were you even up?"

Frypan looked like he was catching up on gossip, his elbows on his knees, leaning forward. Alby just looked awkward, all the other keepers looked amused or shocked or indifferent, Gally looked triumphant. Or he did, until Minho started telling him what happened.

"Well, I woke up too early, and thought it would be fun to wake up Newt, then we both felt pretty tired and Newt showed me his spot. . ."

I silently thanked him for leaving out the tackling part. Alby looked expectantly at me. Me and Minho were both blushing like mad.

"Uh, well, then me and Minho were talking and, um, we fell asleep"

Frypan looked let down

"That's it?"

I nodded. Alby started going on about how we have to be ready in the morning to run and all that, and usually I listen to him. I mean, he's my friend, but today I was too focused on Gally. He looked angry. Angry. Then he burst out

"So, It's Minho's fault! Of course it is! It always is!"

What did he say?

It was no one's fault! Like Gally never made a mistake! He kept screaming, but it sounded muffled. All I could see was Minho's face growing sadder every second. He looked like he was about to cry. I'd never seen him like this. No one made Minho sad. No one. But Gally made him like this. Gally did. I jumped up for the second time, knocking over my chair, and started yelling at Gally. I started towards him, but Alby held me back, but I kept screaming

"You bloody shank! Stop! It's not Minho's fault!"

Alby had pushed me back to my seat, but I was still screaming.

"You stupid, idiot! It's not his fault!"

I saw Minho's face from the corner of my eye. He looked so sad, that something inside me snapped.

"Stop yelling at Min!"

It exploded from me before I could stop it. Had I said that? Had I called him Min in front of everyone? I looked around and saw the looks of Fry, Gally, Alby, and the other keepers, and knew that I had. Alby cleared his throat.

"Well, um, I guess that's settled. Newt, please stay in your room at night, okay?"

I nodded, grabbed Minho's hand and walked out, not looking back.

Minho's POV:

As Newt stormed off with me in tow, I was scolding myself. Why had I been so weak? Newt dragged me to the hammocks where no one was, and sat down with me. By now, the tears were running down my cheeks.

"Oh, Min, it's okay. Everythings okay."

I nodded, but kept crying. I couldn't stop crying. I didn't even know why. Oh, wait. Yes I did. Newt wrapped his arms around me.

"It's okay."

I was still crying when Newt pulled back and looked at me. His face was all concern and worry. I had managed to stop sobbing, but tears were still on my face. Newt brushed them away. He took my hand and looked me in the eyes

" Baby, it'll be alright."

But, what if it won't be?

'It'll be alright'

No. No it won't be. Does he not understand? Something in my heart broke, and I pulled my hand away, and screamed.

"But what if it's not Newt? What if they take you away from me? What if they don't let us stay together?"

On the word together my voice broke, but I wasn't sobbing. Tears just silently streamed down my face. Newt looked hurt, but his expression turned to sadness, and his eyes filled with tears too.

"I-I don't know Min. I don't know."

Even though it was still noon, Newt scooped me up and took me to his room, plopped me down in the hammock and got in himself. I tried to make a joke

"D-Don't fall out."

Stupid. Newt seemed to read my mind.

"You are not stupid."

Newt kissed me and we fell asleep together. Together for now. For now.