Griever

Newt's POV:

I didn't fall asleep. Not for a while. What if Minho was right? What if they did separate us? I finally fell asleep cuddled up to Minho. I woke to a knock on the door. Who was knocking? Then I remembered that Min was next to me. I scrambled out of the hammock just before Alby opened the door. At first he wasn't looking in the room, he was looking behind him.

"Just giving you a wake up-"

Then he turned and saw me looking like I'd been caught trying to steal food from Frypan, and Minho in the hammock.

"You know what? Forget it."

Minho had woken up, and was groggily looking around. I gave Alby a sheepish grin through the twenty layers of blushing I was doing.

"I mean, this time I stayed in my room. . ."

Alby looked like he was dealing with two toddlers.

"You know what I meant."

Minho had stood up next to me

"Well, Alby, we are up in time so you can't say we did anything wrong. . ."

Alby walked away saying

"Maybe it isn't such a good idea to have you two alone in the maze all day. . ."

Alby shut the door, and we started putting on our shoes, and our clothes on over our underclothes. I looked over at Minho who had an unreadable expression on his face. I walked over and put a hand on his shoulder.

"Hey, you okay?"

Minho nodded

"What? Yeah, I'm fine."

Then Minho gained an evil expression

"Newtie, you realize that you just disobeyed an order form Alby."

Shuck it. I never thought of that. Minho turned to look at me.

"What? No-"

Minho locked me in a headlock and a bear hug mixed together, then started ruffling my hair.

"Yes you did! You are officially a rebel now!"

I managed to turn around in his grasp and kiss him. Of course, at that moment was when Chuck came in.

"Alby told me to check on y-"

Chuck stopped when he saw us kissing.

Minho turned

"Yes?"

"W-Well he told me to come see if you were ready to start running. . ."

Chuck immediately bolted down the stairs and we heard him screaming at Fry

"You shuck-face! You knew that's what they were doing! I bet Alby didn't even tell you to tell me to go check on them!"

This was followed by the sound of Fry laughing.

"Hey, Min, we really should go."

Minho nodded and we ran out of the homestead to the maze together.

Minho's POV:

The maze was like usual. Nothing new. The same as always. Nothing new. Newt was ahead of me, and he suddenly stopped, shaking.

"Newt, sweetie, what is it?"

Newt turned to me, his face a mask of terror.

"A-A griever."

Oh shuck, a griever. Just what we need.

"Um, it's okay, lets just back up slowly, then-"

I was cut off with a loud clank. It had seen us. Newt backed away, then scrambled at me

"Run!"

I ran. I ran like my life depended on it. Because it did. I was in front, and started retracing our steps. Oh, shuck, shuck, shuck. The sun was setting. We had to get out. I felt my body become weightless, then I felt the hard stone of the ground. Then I felt warmth, and weightless again. I opened my eyes, and saw Newt's face. He was carrying me. I saw the griever's fleshy body over Newt's shoulder, and when I looked ahead I saw the doors closing. Then I left Newt's arms. He had thrown me across the threshold of the glade. But he was still there. The doors were closing, and I didnt know if he would make it. He was sprinting. I closed my eyes. I couldn't watch the only person I ever loved get crushed. I heard the booming sound of the doors closing, and felt emptiness swallow me. He was gone.

"Bloody hell, I hate grievers."

What? Was that Newt? I opened my eyes and saw him, standing there dusting off his pants like everything was normal. I jumped up, hugging him as tight as I could.

"Min, what?"

My voice was quavering

"I-I thought I had lost you. . ."

"Aw, sweetie, it's okay."

I nodded and nuzzled myself into Newt. The other runners had already gotten back, and were heading to the dining room, so we followed. As we walked we heard some wolf whistles, and yelling. We ignored this, until it just grew to much, and we dealt with it by kissing, and saying

"Yeah, so?"

That shut them up. Like we cared what they thought.