Hide Away

Newts POV:

I honestly couldn't tell the difference from being outside and being in my new room. After Minho left, I got into my hammock and drifted off thinking about him. When I woke up it was like I had summoned Minho somehow by thinking of him, because there he was shaking me awake.

"Newt! C'mon, get up!"

I sat up rubbing my eyes, forgetting I was in a hammock, and that you couldn't sit up in one. I fell on top of Minho's feet, and used him as a ladder, slowly standing up.

"Minho, what the shuck is going on?"

"No time to explain, let's go."

I'm worried now. I had fallen asleep with my clothes on, and stumbled to get my shoes on. Minho was waiting at the door, and the instant my feet were in my shoes, he grabbed my hand and started dragging me to the stairs. I was running so fast that I forgot about the stairs, and fell down them.

" Bloody hell!"

I screamed in frustration. Minho ran by, scooping me up as he ran. He whispered in my ear

"Shhh. You'll wake the others."

What? But wasn't it an emergency? I was rubbing my eyes, as I bolted out the door of the homestead.

"Min, don't we have to get the others if it's an emergency?"

My eyes were fully open now, and Minho was smiling.

Smiling

As he opened the door out of the homestead.

"Not this time honey."

Minho opened the door and it was. . . black outside.

"Minho, why is it still dark? What's the emergency?"

There was that stupid grin that drove me wild.

"Well, it's dark because it's about one in the morning, and the emergency was I couldn't bear another minute without seeing your face."

Oh, he didn't. It was one in the shucking morning, and he woke me up. He will pay for that. My turn to grin. I ran towards Minho, and tackled him to the ground. Unfortunately, he was stronger than me, and soon he was the one on top of me. Still grinning.

"Newt, what the shuck was that for?"

I glared at him

" Because you woke me up at one in the morning. You stupid, sassy, slow, greedy, adorable, cute, kind, handsome shank."

Man it was impossible to insult him.

Some time when I was talking my glare had turned into a stupid grin. Minho pushed his lips on mine, and then got up, yawned, and helped me up. I was feeling tired too, I mean it was one in the morning.

"Newtie, I'm tired."

I rolled my eyes

"Duh, you're tired."

I grabbed his hand and started walking towards the forest.

"Where are we going?"

"You'll see."

Minho shrugged and allowed himself to be dragged into the forest. I kept walking till I found my secret spot. Well, now our secret spot. It was a tiny cavity in an otherwise dense area of the forest. It was between three trees, so there was only one entrance. It was covered in natural leaves and vines, making a roof, and the floor of it was carpeted with soft grass and leaves. I used to come here to think. I climbed in, and Minho followed. I sat down, and Minho sat next to me.

"Minho, this is the spot where I used to come to be alone. Now it's where I come to be with you."

Minho smiled

"Now what?"

"I guess we talk, hang out till morning."

And that's what we did. Except we didn't make it till morning. In the middle of talking about nothing, but everything, I felt a pressure on my shoulder. I looked at Minho, and he had fallen asleep, slumped onto me. I laid him down, and then lay next to him.

"Good night, love."

I could have sworn I saw a smile on his face. I looked at him until I fell asleep. Shuck, was he cute when he was sleeping? Yeah, duh he was.

Minho's POV:

Something woke me up.

Then I see light filtering through leaves and vines, and forget about the noise.

What? I sleep in an open area!

Then I felt someone next to me, and saw Newt. He looked so peaceful and content. Then I remembered last night and where we were. But, what was the noise? There it was again. A voice. Chuck.

" Hello? Newt? Minho?"

I sat up just as I heard footsteps and saw Chuck's face peaking through the entrance of Newt's spot. Our spot. Chuck made a gag noise and started loudly grumbling, which woke Newt up.

"Huh?"

Newt looked around and blushed

"Oh, hi Chuck, morning. . . Minho."

Newt stood up and held out a hand to help me up. We started walking back, Chuck complaining all the way.

" Newt, why should you get your own room, if you just sneak off with this shank?"

Newt kept his mouth a straight line, and blushed a deep crimson. I decided to take this one.

" You'll understand when you're older Chuck."

Chuck scoffed and stayed quiet till we got to Alby who looked frantic. Chuck walked up to him.

" I found these slintheads in the forest snuggled up together."

Alby rubbed his temples and muttered something I couldn't hear. Then said louder

"Well, it's too late for you to go into the maze now, I guess you get the day off."

Really? What time was it? Newt thought this too I guess, cause he spoke up.

" Alby, if you don't mind telling us, what is the bloody time?"

" It's about ten in the morning."

Geez. Me and Newt looked at each other. Alby said one last thing before turning and walking back to the homestead.

" Meet me at twelve in the homestead."

I shrugged. Sure, I guess we could do that. But why?

"Why?"

"You'll see."

Well that was menacing. And I thought I was the dramatic one.