New Room

Newt's POV:

I woke up without Minho, but as I got out of the hammock, I saw him come up from the kitchen, with two stuffed packs, his cheeks a bright pink.

" Hey, what's wrong?"

" Nothing. I'll tell you in the maze."

I shrugged, took my pack, and we started running for the maze. We were in charge of section seven, while other pairs took section one, two, three, four, five, six, and eight. When we stopped for lunch, sitting against an ivy covered wall, I decided to ask Minho.

" So, what happened this morning?"

His cheeks gained that bright pink again.

" Well, you might get mad, but Frypan says it's pretty obvious that we are in love."

Why would I be mad? I leaned forward and kissed him.

"I could care less if the whole glade knows."

We stood up, and Minho put me against a wall, and kissed me again. Just as he was leaning in for another kiss, I grabbed his shoulders, rotated us so that he was against the wall, and started walking away with my pack.

"Hey! Where are you going?"

"Well, Minho, we do have a maze to run."

"No fair!"

"Maybe when we get back, we can make out. As your reward."

Minho grumbled something I couldn't hear, and started running.

"What did you say?"

He was already almost on the next corner.

"I said race you back!"

"Hey!"

I bolted after Minho. But, of course he won. I was a couple feet behind him, and once he stepped into the glade he immediately stopped. My momentum was still going, and I ran past him. Or would have, if he hadn't grabbed my waist, spun me around and kissed me.

" What was that for?"

I whispered in his ear.

"That, my friend, was my reward for two things. Beating you, and getting out of the maze like you said."

I chuckled.

"In fact Newt, that was two wins, and only one kiss!"

Minho kissed me once again, and when we broke away we saw Gally, Chuck, and all the builders, trackhoes, and sloppers, all staring at us. Chuck looked disgusted.

I removed my face from Minho's chest. To glare at them.

"What are you even doing here?"

Gally had a mixed look of amusement and disdain.

" Well, Us builders came to tell you something. We finished the addition to the homestead, so now all the keepers have their own room."

As Gally walked away he muttered

" Good thing we made it too. . . "

I looked up at Minho, who scooped me into his arms, and carried me towards the homestead.

" Well, Newt, honey, I guess it's a good thing that you said you didn't mind the whole glade knowing, because now they do."

Minho's POV:

The room was nothing special, just a bare wooden room, with a hammock in it, but it was better than sleeping with everyone else outside. I plopped Newt down on the ground.

"Well, I'll let you move into your room"

We both knew this was stupid, because we never really lived anywhere in the first place.

"Aw, Minho, stay with me. . ."

Newt sat on the ground pouting like a little kid. I sighed.

"Newt, C'mon. They already know we're in love, you want them to see this too?"

"I guess not. . . just promise you'll come in here first thing in the morning."

"Fine."

I walked out leaving Newt on the floor, and walked to my hammock. Frypan walked up to me.

"So . . . you're still denying that you're in love with Newt?"

"Huh? Oh yeah I am."

Frypan chuckled.

" You think I didn't see what happened today?"

"What are you talking about?"

He stared at me with a look of amusement mixed with disbelief.

" You know. . . the make out session in front of the whole glade?"

Oh crud, how did he know about that?

" . . . how do you know about that?"

"Um, because people talk, it's all everyones talking about."

Oh, come on.

"Shuck, shuck, shuck."

I cursed under my breath.

This could get bad fast. This was the reason we tried to keep it a secret. And now because of me, it was all messed up. Hopefully, Newt won't mind, I mean he said he didn't care if the whole glade knew. . .

I got into my hammock, and fell asleep thinking of Newt. I woke up when it was still pitch black, then I remembered what Newt had said.

'First thing in the morning'

Well, it was probably morning, right? I walked over to the homestead laughing to myself, thinking about what I was about to do.