The Necklace

My name is Alexandra Fotheeth, 23 and I am currently going to Saint Hope's Town square.

My mother asked me to head to the town square to buy some fruits and vegetables for dinner tonight

Gods, I hope she doesn't make that nasty veggie casserole; the last time she made that, my stomach wanted to jump out of my throat and punch me in the face!

I walked in the town square's market and looked around for anything extra that I can buy.

I'm sure mom won't mind me having at least one personal jewels or clothing...Speaking of clothing, I need to patch my grandmother's sleepwear.

As I was walking, something caught my eye; I stopped in my tracks and saw a beautiful gold necklace with infinite triangles, and right in the middle was a tear-dropped shaped and bloody-colored gem.

Taking a closer look at the necklace, I picked it up to examine it more closely.

[Third POV]

As Alexandra looked at the necklace, the stand's owner noticed Alexandra. The owner is an older woman.

The older woman looked like she shouldn't be alive. Her skin is wrinkled; she seems close to being a mummy.

She barely had any teeth in her mouth, and her hair was full of grey hair and looked thin. The older woman also had a crooked nose, and her eyes were faded, showing she was partly blind.

 The older woman also had a crooked nose, and her eyes were faded, showing she was partly blind

The older woman smiled at Alexandra.

Older woman: "Ah, you have a good eye little one...Are you interested in that necklace?"

The older woman's voice sounded raspy and sounded like she really needed to cough.

Alexandra was weirded out by the older woman at first but she quickly collected herself.

Alexandra: "Yes, it looks quite...well it's outstanding."

Older woman: "Yes..Yes, that necklace is not like any other and you should know, I made that very necklace myself."

Alexandra looked at the older woman with a shocking expression.

Alexandra: "Really? That's very impressive ma'am, my grandmother use to make clothing but now she is bed bound." She smiled gently at the older woman.

Older woman: " I am sorry to hear that....So do you want the necklace?"

The older woman said with a hint of impenitence while holding her boney hands together.

Alexandra thought about it for a moment.

Alexandra: "Sure, how much coins?"

"Four Helogan coins

Alexandra's eyes widen a bit

Alexandra: "That's quite cheap for a pretty necklace; I thought it'll be at least fifteen Helogan coins."

Older woman: "Yes..it is.. isn't it?" The older woman smiled again.
Alexandra wasn't going to question why it was cheap. Instead, she felt the Goddess Helogan was smiling upon her. Alexandra quickly paid for the necklace.

Once Alexandra paid for the necklace, she put it around her neck, smiling gently while looking at the necklace on her chest.

Older woman: "Oh, I almost forgot.. a fair warning, dear."

Alexandra looks at the older woman with a tiny bit of concern.

Alexandra: "Yes?"

Older woman: "That gem in the middle is dragon's blood, so make sure you don't stay outside at night.. or you might get attacked by other creatures." The older woman laughed a bit, sounding like she needed to cough again.

A few sweat drops from Alexandra's cheek.

Alexandra: "O..Okay, thank you for the warning. May Helogan watch over you." Alexandra quickly walks away from the older woman's jewelry stand.

Alexandra: 'Dragons blood?' Alexandra stopped walking and looked back at the older woman's stand; the older woman stared at Alexandra with a wicked smile.

Feeling creeped out, Alexandra quickly goes to a fruit stand.

[First POV]

There's no way the gem can be dragon's blood, right?

No, there's no way; dragons died thousands of years ago.

Yeah!, it's probably just a ruby, and she shaped it into a teardrop. Phew! Gods, people can make up the weirdest stories sometimes.

Dragons GenerationsOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara