The Fotheeth's Family

When she bought the fruits and vegetables at the town square's market, Alexandra went home.

Upon arriving home, she saw her little sibling playing with worms on the ground.

[First POV]

Alexandra: "Again, Hugo?" Alexandra said annoyedly

Hugo Fotheeth is 8 and the messiest child you'll ever meet. He is always playing in the dirt, especially with worms.

Hugo didn't look up at me nor answer me; feeling more annoyed, I walked closer to him

Alexandra: "Didn't Mother wash you this morning?"

Hugo: "Yes, but I got bored after attending the farm. Can you blame me?"

I shook my head. "Father will be upset by this if he sees you."

Hugo: "Father went into the city when you left; I'll be fine."

When Hugo stopped playing with the worms and looked at me, I saw more dirt on his face, making me cringe. Since Dad is not here, Mom would be angry at him.

Hugo: "What's with the ugly necklace?" He got up and smiled at me with his cocky self.

Not wanting to get any dirt on me or the fruits and vegetables, I started walking towards our home cottage.

Alexandra: "It's not ugly, and I bought it at the town square."

Hugo and I walked inside the cottage; I soon put the basket on the dining table.

Hugo: "Ooo! You bought something that wasn't on the list! Father will be mad!"

Alexandra: "Oh hush!" Though he isn't wrong, father has always been strict about coins. He'll yell at me once he finds out that I bought a necklace that wasn't on the list to get.

I hope Mom can calm him down; she's always good at that...Speaking of Mom, where is she?

[Third POV]

Alexandra looked around the dining; she then looked in the living area so she if her mother was sitting at her favorite spot on the couch, but it was empty.

Alexandra: "Where is mom?" She looks at her brother. Who was trying his best to clean his face in the kitchen sink?

Hugo: "I'm not telling you; you'll just rat me out." He puffed his cheeks at her.

Megan: "I'm right here."

[First POV]

Mom walked inside the cottage; she hung her straw hat and garden apron on the wall hanger next to the back door.

As soon as she sees Hugo's dirty clothes, hands, and face, she frowns at him.

Megan: "Hugo Fotheeth! I washed you this morning! Why do I see dirt on you?!"