The Memory Room

As Hugo jolted awake from his nightmare, he found himself drenched in sweat, his heart pounding against his chest. He struggled to catch his breath, his mind still reeling from the horrifying images that had plagued his dreams. 

 "M-Mom?" Hugo stammered, his voice trembling with fear and confusion. 

 Megan's gentle voice filled the room, soothing his frayed nerves. "It's alright ,Hugo. It was just a bad dream." she reassured him, her hand resting gently on his shoulder. Right behind her stood David and Nythros. As the warm sunlight streamed through the windows, casting a soft glow over the room, David and Nyrthos exchanged glances.

We Continue:

Nythros and Hugo were walking towards the deeper parts of the monastery when Hugo enquired, "Where are we heading? This isn't the way to the Frost Flower room."

Nythros replied with a hint of sadness, "Yes, you're right. I received approval from Grandmaster Gin that today, you will be training in the memory room."

Curious, Hugo asked, "What's the memory room?"

Nythros explained, "It's a specially designed room to help people build resistance to painful memories and mind games...I told Grandmaster what happened this morning and he said to bring you here."

Hugo then asked, "Is this what my mother goes through?"

Nythros replied, "Yes and no. Your mother's training is different from the memory room. The memory room training is more intense than your mother's training."

They descended the stairs of the monastery and made their way through the dark corridors until they reached a sturdy wooden door. Nythros pulled out a key and unlocked the door, revealing the room to be decorated with strange runic symbols carved into the walls, which pulse with a soft blue light. In the center of the room, there is a large stone table and a ornate mirror, its surface shimmering with an ethereal glow. 

Hugo's curiosity mingled with a sense of nervousness as they approached the memory room. The idea of facing painful memories head-on was daunting, but he trusted Nythros to guide him through the process.

"When I first went in the memory room, It was...hard." Nythros turned to Hugo, going down on his knees to match his height. "I didn't want this for you but Grandmaster Gin believes young children like yourself."

"Remember this, Hugo, this room will confront your memories, and it will haunt you, but they have no power over you unless you let them," he explained.

Hugo nodded, steeling himself for what lay ahead. As he gazed at the room some more, Nythros walked toward the door; Hugo noticed this, confused as to why he was leaving. "Why are you leaving? I thought you were going to train me."

"You will have to face this yourself, Hugo. Remember what I said, and you'll overcome this room." Nythros said, closing the wooden door behind him and leaving Hugo alone.

As the door closed behind Nythros, Hugo felt a shiver run down his spine. he was alone now, faced with the daunting task of confronting his own memories in the eerie confines of the memory room. Taking a deep breath, he squared his shoulders and approached the stone table at the center of the room.

The room seemed to pulse with an otherworldly energy, the runic symbols on the walls casting dancing shadows across the floor. Hugo's heart hammered in his chest as he met his own reflection in the ornate mirror, the soft blue glow casting an ethereal light over his features.

With a shaky hand, Hugo reached out and touched the surface of the mirror, feeling a strange warmth radiating from its smooth surface. As he did, the mirror rippled like water, distorting his reflection until it seemed to waver and shift before his eyes.