Monstrous

(Short Chapter)

It was a tranquil night, with everyone fast asleep. However, suddenly, the stillness was shattered by the sound of crackling fire. The heat was suffocating, and the ashy smell made it difficult to breathe. People ran out of their homes, screaming "FIRE!" in panic. From the dark trees, monsters emerged and chased after them, escalating the chaos.

One of those beings is the Nightstalker. With its ghostly appearance, long limbs, and malevolent grin, it hides in the shadows, ready to pounce on its prey. Once it sinks its sharp teeth into its victim, it drains them of their life until nothing remains.

Another terrifying creature is the Harvester. This demonic being has a pale, grinning face and a hand that resembles a scythe. It roams the fields and forests, and those who are cut by its weapon will slowly wither away. Its touch is cursed, and it leaves behind only a trail of death.

The Whisper is an incorporeal being with an unearthly voice. It wanders the woods, luring victims into its web of deceit with promises of wealth and power. Once it has their souls within reach, it steals them away, leaving behind only an empty shell.

The Rot is a malformed, gangrenous behemoth with rotting flesh and a stench that can be smelled from miles away. It consumes everything in its path, leaving behind only decay and death. Its breath is poisonous, and those who inhale it will suffer a slow and painful demise.

Lastly, the Charnel Beast is a skeletal creature that roams the night, searching for carrion and prey to feast upon. Its body is made up of twisting bones and rotting flesh, and its claws and fangs are sharp enough to tear its victims apart. With glowing blue eyes, it can sniff out its prey from miles away.

Usually these creatures wouldn't attack an entire village, it would've attacked a group of people at least but not an entire village. So what was happening? A woman emerged from the darkness with long black hair and piercing rainbow-like eyes that looked tired. She wore black clothing and wielded a giant staff made of bone and wood, which she used to command any creature to do her bidding with a simple wave of her hand. Her demeanor was fierce and cold, and she watched as the villagers screamed and died before her unbothered eyes. A man appeared beside her, dressed in black like her. He have long rainbow-like hair, and also have piercing rainbow eyes, and a staff similar to the woman's. 

As they stood there, pink petals suddenly appeared behind them, and Helogan emerged silently from within. They both sensed her presence and immediately turned around to bow respectfully before her. 

"I have a task that requires you two." Helogan said in a calm voice, her eyes fixed on the burning village and the people struggling to survive. "Drex, the black dragon, is back alive. Track him down, and once you locate him, eliminate him swiftly and without hesitation. He must not have the opportunity to detect your presence. Understood?"

"Yes, mother." they replied in unison, their voices filled with loyalty and obedience.

Helogan narrowed her eyes at them, a silent warning in her gaze. "I expect this task to be completed expeditiously," she stated firmly.

"Yes, mother." they echoed once more.

As Helogan turned to leave, the black-haired female spoke up, "Mother, if we encounter any obstacles along the way, what course of action should we take?"

Helogan's response was swift and cold. "Eliminate them," she said, her tone leaving no room for negotiation.

"Even if it's the royal family?" she asked.

Helogan turned her body to face the female who remained kneeling before her. "Let me make this clear," she began, her voice laced with a chilling resolve. "Kill anyone who obstructs this task. I don't care if they're part of the royal family or some respected knight. I. Don't. Care. They are all expendable in pursuit of our goal. Do you understand?"

"Yes, mother." they both affirmed in unison.

"And if you fail me again, Morga," Helogan continued, her gaze piercing, "I will allow the Infernal race to claim you. You will become a complete Infernal, like all my children who have disappointed me. And you don't want that, do you?"

Morga's voice trembled slightly as she replied, "No, mother."

Turning her attention to the male still bowing, Helogan issued her next command. "Morroc, you have not failed me yet. I entrust you with overseeing Morga's completion of the task."

Morroc straightened up, his expression resolute. "Yes, mother."

"One more thing," Helogan added, her tone final. "Once this village is eradicated, ensure that it is thoroughly cleansed."

"Yes, mother," they both echoed once more. With that, Helogan vanished, leaving behind a scattering of pink petals. Morga and Morroc rose from their kneeling positions.

Morroc: "Track the black dragon," he instructed, his voice firm. "I'll stay here and ensure the village is cleaned up. Once you've located him, we'll go together and finish the job."

Morga nodded. With a swift motion, she lifted her staff and brought it down upon the ground, unleashing a thunderous sound that echoed through the surrounding forest. Her eyes gleamed with an eerie black light as she summoned forth her power. A shadowy figure materialized from her form, darting through the trees with the speed of lightning. As Morga disappeared into the depths of the forest, Morroc turned his attention back to the village, steeling himself for the grim task ahead.