Overdue War Part 2

As the sky turned noon, the group went to an inn to put their belongings in; Lucy, Gin, and Qin went out to enjoy the small village, and Elly, Groc, and Sythe went to their rooms. But before Elly walked into her room, Groc walked over to her. He placed a hand on her shoulder gently. Elly looked at him over her shoulder.

Elly: "You want to talk?" She questioned. Groc nodded at her. Elly then walked into her room, and Groc followed behind her; he closed the door behind him.

Elly: "What is it?" She said while taking off her armor.

Groc: 'I want to talk about what happened in the hub. You were lost in thought more than usual.'Groc can't not speak, but he can use telepathy to communicate. No one else knows this except for Sythe, who also uses telepathy, and Elly...They have a history.

Elly looked at him and frowned a little. She sighed and sat on the only bed in the room. Groc joined with her.

Elly: "There's nothing to talk about." 

They were silent for a bit before Groc said something.

Groc: 'It's about the king, isn't it?'

Elly wasn't surprised at all when he guessed it right; Groc knows Elly very well; he probably knows her more than Elly knows her own self.

Elly: "...Yes." Elly clenched her fists on her lap.Groc: 'Did he say something or did anything?'Elly: "...No, but I'm going to do something that'll result in losing Lucy's trust and the entire Yarcal Union."

Groc: 'What?'

Elly: "...The king wants me to steal Lucy's necklace and deliver it to him and destroy the Yarcal's camps because he somehow thinks that they are going to ambush us in the war against the Uthgar Empire."Groc looked shocked. 'For what reason for the necklace?'

Elly: "I don't know."

Groc: 'The Yarcals have been our allies for years! Why destroy their camps because of some belief?!'

Elly: "I don't know."

Groc: 'Destroying the camps will result in another war, and stealing Lucy's sacred necklace will kill off all of her people, including her! Has he gone mad?!' Groc stood up from the bed and clenched his fists. 'That's genocide! You're not going to actually do it, are you?' He looks at Elly with a concerned look.

Elly: "I don't know."

Groc: 'You don't know?! Elly, this shouldn't even be a tough decision! Millions are going to die! Innocent people, Elly!!'

Elly: "I KNOW, OKAY! I KNOW! I just...I just need to think." Elly stood up from the bed; she rubbed her forehead while pacing around the room.

Groc watched Elly pacing back and forth in the room. 'We need to tell Lucy what the king wants from her and tell the rest of the team what he is planning for the Yarcals.'

Elly: 'I can't...I don't know what to do...I...if I choose to follow through with the king's orders, Lucy's people are going to die...Lucy will die. Not only that, but he wants to attack the Yarcals. What for? We have been allies for years...Groc is right; the king might have gone mad...' Elly thought to herself; she stood in the middle of the room, looking down at the ground, deep in thought, trying to figure out what the solution is. 'Wait a moment...the king knows that the necklace Lucy wears makes her and her entire people immortal...so if I deliver it to him, he will be immortal.....the entire Helogan Empire will be immortal, and if I follow through attacking the camps of the Yarcals, he knows that's going to create a war...he...he wants that to happen. He wants the war to happen. The Yarcals are allied with every empire because of their supplies, including our enemies; the moment we strike at them, the other empires will retaliate, making a bloody genocide, and the only surviving empire will be the Helogan Empire!! He might take a step further and take over every empire out there!!'

Groc watched Elly; the more he watched her in silence, the more he knew that she was panicking on the inside, so to calm her down, he placed both his hands on her face gently, making her look up at him which made her stop thinking, she only looked at him. They looked at each other for a moment; Groc pulled down his scarf, revealing his handsome face, scared from past battles. They kissed each other passionately and pulled away from each other a bit. 

Groc: 'Calm, my love, we'll tell the others later, but right now, stay calm,' He said gently through telepathy. He held her with one arm, gently rubbing the pack of her head with his one hand. This made Elly calm; no longer was she hearing her thoughts racing.

Elly: "You always seem to ease my mind."

They kissed each other passionately again. During the rest of the noon, both Elly and Groc's bodies became one with each other. After that, both Elly and Groc sat up from the bed and dressed themselves. They walked out of the room and walked out to the back of the inn, where villagers could rest by the fire and swim in the lake. Gin, Qin, Lucy, and Sythe were all sitting beside the fire, enjoying eating cooked meats and fruits. Gin turned behind him and smiled gently.

Gin: "Ah, there you are; I was beginning to wonder where you both were."

Elly: "You already started eating without us?" She said as she and Groc sat down together.

Qin: "We couldn't wait any longer. We got so hungry, but there are plenty left." 

Lucy: "Not if I get to it first!" Lucy stabs a piece of meat with her sorcerer knife. Qin saw this, and he quickly grabbed Lucy's hand with two of his hands and tickled Lucy with his third one. "Oh no, you don't!! You already ate 8 meats!!"

Lucy: "Hey! Haha! I'm not fat, unlike you! I deserve this!!" She burst out laughing. As Qin and Lucy fight over the meat, Elly and Groc start eating some fruits and meats. Sythe finished eating, so he flew to Groc's shoulder; he rubbed his tiny head against Groc's hair.

Gin looked over at Elly; he looked at her with a concerned expression. Gin: "I sense something troubling; what is on your mind, dear leader?" 

Elly: "...yes, there is something...so all of you listen up." As soon as she said that, Qin and Lucy immediately stopped fighting and listened intently to Elly.

Elly: "First, I would like to say that I am sorry for not saying this before we left the Helogan Empire..." 

It was quiet, the sound of the crackling fire being the only thing to break the still and silent night. The sound of insects chirping and singing added to the tense atmosphere.

Elly: "The king wants us to destroy the Yarcal camps."

Gin: "Oh dear."Qin: "Oh dear."

Lucy: "What? You can't be serious...are you?"

Elly: "I am."

Qin: "But why? The Yarcal hasn't done anything to hurt us, have they?"

Lucy: "The king has gone mad!" Lucy said out of frustration.

Gin: "...Is that where we were heading? To the Yarcal camps?" Gin said gently.

Elly: "...Yes...But there is more." Elly sighed, and she held her head down. "It's about you, Lucy."

Lucy: "M-Me?"

Elly looked up and looked at her with sad eyes. 

Elly: "The king wants me to take your sacred necklace and deliver it to him."

Lucy: "What?!" she retorted. "And you didn't tell me sooner?!" Lucy stood up from her spot.

Elly: "I'm sorry, I didn't know how to say it."

Lucy frowned at Elly and walked back inside the inn. Qin watched her.

Qin: "I'll go talk to her." He got up and walked inside the inn.

Gin watched Qin; he then looked at Elly. "We are close to the Yarcal camps. Were you planning to tell us sooner?" He said calmly.

Elly: "I don't know."

Gin: "Well...do you know what the king is planning for all this nonsense?"

Elly: "I have a theory."

Gin: "What is it?"

Elly: "I think the King wants the necklace of immorality to commit genocide and not just the empires here but to all empires around the world."