My Father

Grandmaster Gin had asked David to stay back, and he eagerly obliged, thinking that Gin had something important to share with him. However, to David's surprise, Gin simply sat there, looking at him with an innocent smile, but not uttering a word. David was feeling increasingly uncomfortable and confused as to what was going on. In an attempt to break the awkward silence, he cleared his throat and coughed, but Gin remained silent. The tension in the air was palpable, and David wondered what was going through Gin's mind.

David: "...Sooo-" David gets cut off when Gin starts to speak.

Grandmaster Gin: "You remind me so much of your mother; you look just like her, but your arura reminds me of your father, Groc." 

The words hit David hard, as he had always been curious about his real father. He had searched for information about him, but his mother, Eleanor, had always been tight-lipped about the topic. David didn't even know his father's name, let alone what he looked like. All he knew was that his father was a king's knight who died during the war. The fact that he knew nothing about his own father always bothered him and left a pinch in his heart every time he thought of it.

David: "You said you work alongside my mother as a king's knight, so that'll mean you knew my father too, right?" he asked; his simple question made Gin chuckle a bit.

Grandmaster Gin: "Yes, I knew your father." Gin got up from where he sat and walked to the door, "Follow me, please." He said and walked out of the meditation room; David followed him right after. The hallway of the monastery was long and spacious; the hallway was warm and welcoming, with thick wooden walls that had been polished to a shine over the years. The floor is covered in smooth, dark wood that creates a calming atmosphere, and the wooden beams in the ceiling give the hallway a sense of grandeur. The windows are made of stained glass that filters the sunlight, casting colored rays on the walls and floor. The doors are made of polished mahogany and are carved with intricate designs that tell the history of the Trimurti people. As they walked down the hallway, David could hear the muffled sounds of quiet conversation between the monks and the soft creaking of the wooden floors and doors as they opened and closed.

Once they turned a corner, the hallway ended by one large door. Gin opened it, and it was a bedroom; it was large, and the ceiling was high; the walls were made of rice-stained wood. The floor is covered by a thick carpet that gives the room a comfortable, inviting feel. There were bookshelves, oil lamps, and his bed, cigut, in the middle of the room, there were two pillows on the ground as well.

Grandmaster Gin: "I'm sure you're curious to know who your father was," said Grandmaster Gin, as he walked towards the bookshelf. David sat on one of the pillows, watching Gin with anticipation as he shuffled through the books. After a while, Gin exclaimed, "Ah, here it is," and walked over to David, handing him a small photo. 

David eagerly examined the photo, first focusing on the background. It was unmistakably the throne room - or at least what it used to look like. There were five people in the photo, and David immediately recognized his mother, who was wearing her old armor and looked younger in the picture. Standing next to her was another female who looked like a sorcerer, and next to them were two monks. One was short and fat, and the other was skinny - David recognized him as Gin. As David looked towards the right side of the photo, he noticed a man with one arm standing right beside his mother. The man wore a scarf covering his lower face and had a Jariq on his shoulder. David's eyes widened in shock as he looked at Gin, then back at the photo.

Grandmaster Gin: "The man with the scarf is Groc, your father."

David didn't have anything to say; what could he say? This is the first time he has seen a photo of his real father. "Why are you showing me this?" David asked, not looking away from the photo.