Failure

In his bed, Hugo lay awake for a while, thoughts swirling in his mind about his training, his sister, and the upcoming challenges he would face. Eventually, exhaustion overtook him, and he drifted into a deep and restful sleep. 

Hugo was deep in his dream, and as he slept, he found himself in a dark, empty space with no one around. He called out to his parents and grandma, but there was no response. As he took a step forward, he kept walking and walking through the darkness, but there was no light, no sound, nothing; he was completely engulfed by the darkness. A sense of fear crept over him, loneliness, and he felt uncertain about his thoughts.

Suddenly, he heard voices all around him, but they were not just any voices; they were his own. His voice kept repeating that he was a failure for not being able to save his older sister and that he was useless. Hugo knew deep down that it was true. If only he had been stronger, he could have saved his sister, and she would have been here right now, telling him how dirty he is from playing in dirt and worms, scolding him for not doing his chores, waking him up in the morning to eat, and always being there for him. She was truly a great sister, and he missed her dearly.
As the darkness consumed him, Hugo felt a deep sense of sadness and regret. He wished he could turn back time and change things, but he knew that was impossible. He needed to find a way to live with his guilt and sorrow, to honor his sister's memory, and to get stronger in order to get his revenge for her, for his family...for him.

Just as the darkness seemed overwhelming, a faint glimmer of light appeared in the distance. Hugo's curiosity overcame his fear, and he began to move towards the light. As he drew closer, the light grew brighter, illuminating his path.

Eventually, Hugo emerged from the darkness into a familiar place, it was his home, the smell of baked desserts filled the air, the singing of birds outside, and the homey space. Before him stood a figure, radiating warmth and kindness. It was his sister, Alexandra, her smile filling him with a sense of comfort and peace.

"Alexandra?" Hugo's voice trembled with emotion as he approached her.

As soon Alexandra looked at Hugo, her expression turned to a disgusted one, she reached out and took his hand, her touch gentle and reassuring. "Hugo, I told you to stop playing in dirt and with those dirty worms, ugh now you have worms in your hair and dirt on the ground. I just cleaned this floor too." she sighed in frustration.

Hugo's tears welled up in his eyes, he knew this memory, it was last year when Alexandra made desserts for his birthday while he was playing outside in dirt. Alexandra scolded him for getting dirty, forced him to wash and made him help her in the kitchen. During that time, he was mad at her cause he wanted to play on his birthday but now he's just happy to see her.

Hugo immediately hugged her waist, which surprised her, "Huh? Hugo what are you doing?! You're all dirty! Go wash!"

As Hugo hugged his sister tightly, he could feel the warmth of her body and the familiar scent. "I missed you, sis," he whispered, his voice choked with emotion.

Alexandra's initial surprise softened into a gentle smile as she returned the hug. "Hugo, what's gotten into you? You're getting dirt all over me."

But Hugo held on, unwilling to let go of the precious dream. "Just a little while." Hugo said.

"You're such a weird child." Alexandra smiled.

Throughout most of the night, Hugo slept soundly, a smile gracing his lips as he dreamt of his dear sister. At that moment, he was surrounded by the love and warmth of his cherished memories. But suddenly, his dream turned dark; the entire warm atmosphere was now replaced by a dark aura, and their beloved home was twisted into ruins, but what horrified Hugo the most was Alexandra. Her face was twisted in pain, her beautiful features now melted off her face. And all of a sudden, her entire body was engulfed in flames. Her scream of agony was loud. Hugo could only watch; he couldn't do anything but watch as his older sister screamed.