The Help

Strange man: "Yeah, I heard screaming a few days ago when I was trying to pick berries."

This caught David's attention; it was only a few days ago that his daughter Alexandra was kidnapped by a winged wendigo.

David: "Did you see anything? A young girl with dark brown hair, light brown skin, brown eyes, and wearing a white gown?" David said frantically; this might be the only lead he can get to finding his daughter.

Strange: "No, it was dark out when I was picking the berries....hmm, maybe that's why I barely picked berries that night. Oh well, silly me! Heh." The strange man hit his forehead gently with his hand.

The entire search group, including David and Hugo, looked at the strange man with a strange expression. What kind of guy picks berries at night in the middle of the woods? Who does that? Getting tired of the situation, David wanted to leave this so-called couple and desperately didn't want to waste any more time to find his daughter.

David: "Well, nice meeting you and your...uh...wife, but we are busy, so we are going to go."

David grabs Hugo's hand, and he and the other people with their children within the search group turn around to leave the woods and continue their search for Alexandra.

Strange man: "W-Wait!"

The search group stopped and turned to the Strange man.

Strange man: "You mentioned a winged Wendigo, right?"

David: "That's right."

Strange man: "Well, my wife knows some flying Wendigo's herself. She even has some friends who are flying Wendigo's. She will be a great help to you. What do you say?" The strange man said, holding his hands together as he smiled gently at them.

Male: "Rather not, you're a stranger married to a Wendigo."

Another Male: "Yeah, this could be a trap for all we know."

Everyone started arguing about how this strange man with a Wendigo could be setting them up in a trap; they even insulted him and Cupcakes. Of course, Cupcakes didn't really like this, so she started growling at them, slowly readying herself in a defensive stance while the strange man stood before her and tried to calm the crowd down by reasoning with them, but of course, to no avail.

Hugo, having enough of the crowd, stepped up and looked at the angry crowd. Standing between the search group and the strange man and Cupcake.

Hugo: "Is this really something we should fight over? My sister is missing, and you want to fight over whether this guy and his tall wife will lead us to a trap?! I say you're all crazy!"

Female: "Sweetie, you don't know what's happening; come over here. It's dangerous to be close to them."

Male: "Stay out of grown adult's conversations, kid."

Elder Male: "David, control your son."

David looked at his son Hugo, looking into his son's eyes; he could see the determination in them when he talked. Never before has he seen his son stand up and talk back to other adults. Nonetheless, he has to keep Hugo safe from strangers; not only will his wife become severely angry at him, but he doesn't want to lose another child. He's not even sure if his daughter is even alive at this point.

His mother told him stories of how flying Wendigo's never showed remorse or compassion.

David: "Come, boy...Stay behind me." David reached his hand towards Hugo's hand so he could pull him back towards him, but Hugo snatched his hand away from his father.