Chapter 4 - A date in the carnival

Chapter 4

I'm going to a date. Yup. A date as in a date. And guess who invited me? Glacier did. When? let me tell you the story................

Two days before the date...

I was walking in the school's hallway with Tarah and Lizzie. Everyone is talking about the Fall fair. Probably you are all wondering what's the Fall fair? Well It's some kind of a carnival. They only have this during fall. And so, everybody here in Foreman Academy are talking about it. The last time I went there is on my fifteenth birthday. A day before my parents parted away from me...........

So going back, Tarah and Lizzie invited me to go with them this Saturday. I'm pretty sure the boys won't come. I mean, why would two freakishly hot boys do in a carnival? And besides, I'm sure they have their own plans.

We are headed to our next class which is Mathematics. And I despise this subject. Yeah my studies are important to me... but I can't deal with math. I get dizzy when there's too much numbers. When I entered the room. Everyone's staring at the board and me. At the board, the words Can you go with me to the fall fair, Lea? are written. I am surprised. Who would invite me to the fall fair?

"Who did this?" I asked the whole class. I eyed the whole room. Nobody's responding until one did.

"I did." Glacier said standing up. "So........... are you going to say yes?"

Is this a will-you-be-my-girlfriend kind of proposal? It seems like one. And Glacier? Of all the boys here in Foreman? Oh pinch me if I'm dreaming....

"But-"

I was immediately cut off by my friends. "Yeah she will." They said in unison.

"But guys....... I thought we're going together?" I said.

"Come on, this is a once in a life time experience. And we can reschedule it. The carnival won't close until the end of next week." Lizzie pointed out.

"Yeah. So give your magical yes. Glacier's waiting." Tarah said nudging me.

I glance towards Glacier. His arms are folded against his chest, his foot is tapping the floor, and his pair of brown eyes are fixated to mine. Waiting for my answer. Will I say yes? How am I suppose to deal with this? I mean, this is the first time someone invited me to a date. What will I do?

"Uh..........." I trailed. Shit. Finally I said, "Yes."

His eyes lit up and he smiled. "Great. I'm looking forward to it."

"So do I."

-End of flashback-

That's how I got into a date. And now, I'm preparing myself. Tonight is our date. He said we'll go there around six - thirty pm. And it's five o' clock. I only got a hour to do my hair, make - up and pick my dress.

I went to the bathroom and took my shower. After putting on a pink robe, I went inside the closet. I scan through my clothes. What is the perfect outfit for a carnival date? I saw a yellow sundress. I took it off it's place. I also got a denim buttoned jacket. I wore the sundress and it perfectly falls on my knees. I also put on the jacket and used it as a blazer. Then, I paired my outfit with a blue doll shoes. I put on some powder on my face and mascara. I pressed the wet strawberry flavored lip gloss against my lips. I tied my blond hair into a side braid. I put on some blue earrings and a blue bracelet to finish my outfit. I snatched a small golden yellow body bag which I used as a shoulder bag from my bag shelf. And there folks. I'm done. I'm glad I manage to finish at exactly six - thirty.

A knock came a minute later. I opened my door and there stands Glacier all done. His brown hair was styled like Darren usually does to his hair. He's wearing a blue polo shirt and black skinny jeans. And a pair of blue converse. He's so drop - dead - gorgeous. I can't help but stare.