Epilogue

Epilogue

Standing in front of me are two little children and one irresponsible adult dripping with rain water. Small droplets of water managed to form a huge wet mark on my carpet. I was very infuriated to say the least. I have just said that no one is going to take a bath in the rain. But what did I get? Three guilty people in front of me.

"Explain yourselves." I said, furiously.

"We were jusht having fun." The five year old girl said making her 's' sound like 'sh' due to her missing front tooth.

I turned my eyes to the three year old blonde boy who just smiled at me showing his cute little dimples. "Rain!" He screamed.

And lastly, "Like what Avery says, we were having fun. Besides, you know how much your kids like playing with water."

Same old, same old. Though he's 27 years old, he's acting like he's one of our children. Darren will still be immature. I should have seen that coming.

"Well I think you should all take a shower and change. You might catch some colds." I said grabbing the small boy.

Darren immediately snatched him from me stating, "You're not aloud to carry something more than 30 pounds."

Right. I touched my huge belly and just sighed. He's been such a caring husband lately. He's the one who makes sure I'm stress - free. But sometimes, he's also one of the people who gives me more stress.

"Mommy will you tell ush another shtory later?" Avery asked while tugging my hand.

"Yes, honey. I will. Just promise to take a bath okay?" I reassured her.

"I'll take care of them. You should probably rest." Darren says while kissing my forehead.

I smiled and says, "Okay,"

We've been married for five years now. Who would have thought that he would stay loyal to me? My friends back in college along with Tarah and Lizzie says that there's a chance that Darren might cheat on me. But I didn't believe them and stayed faithful to him. In the end, he kept his promise to keep me happy and to never leave me. I'm practically the luckiest girl in the world to have a husband such as Darren.

"I told them a fairytale already." Darren said, entering our room.

"Thank goodness. I'm so lucky to have you." I replied while sighing.

I'm at the last quarter of my pregnancy. And frankly, I am not very pleased with it. My back, my feet, and not to mention my mood swings are killing me. I'v never experienced such thing before. When I was pregnant with Avery and Alec, all of this pregnancy syndrome things are not this worse.

"You're almost due so it's the least thing I could do. And besides, I don't want to get my Dre tired, do I?" He said enveloping me into his arms.

I held his strong biceps and closed my eyes. It still do feel like a dream to me. Darren, me, Avery, Alec, and the upcoming baby. And in fact, it is a very nice dream. And if it is really a dream, I would never want to wake up. I could stay like this forever. We all could.

I spun around and met Darren's face. He never failed to make me feel this way. Butterflies, fireworks, electrifying tingles, all in one. This guy gave me my first kiss. And it's inside a limo. A player who I had turned into this decent guy I'm with. The troubled and traumatized boy who came into my life asking to be helped. Darren Knight. My lover, my high school boyfriend, my college sweetheart, my boyfriend, my fiance, my husband and my forever and always. Slowly, our lips met. It's my fate to be with him. It is. And I don't regret loving this messed up man. No. Never.

I am the heiress and I hate it. But Darren Knight came and helped me through this huge heiress thing.