Chapter 9 - I am the heiress

Chapter 9

I am wearing a  blue strapless gown floor length. My hair was curled and it falls two inches below my shoulders. And as much as I hate it, I'm wearing make up. But I can't help but feel so uncomfortable wearing make up. I mean, I usually only apply some powder and lip gloss. Not eye shadow, mascara, eye liner, blush on, and lip stick. Heck I won't even wear any make up if it wasn't for my grandmother making me to do it. Oh and, did I mention about this silver heels on my feet right now? I might have some blisters. For crying out loud!

"Miss Monroe, aren't you coming out of the car?" Jane, my grandmother's assistant asked.

This is it. Once I set my foot on that place, there's no more backing out. Even if there are rats and butterflies inside my stomach, I won't back out. Damn. But I ain't ready yet.

"Miss Monroe?"

"Oh right." I mumbled. I took three deep breaths and went out of the black car. 

Jane and I walked side by side towards the hotel that according to Jane, is ours. And this is the hotel were the ball will be held. Jane was about to open the door when I stopped her.

"Wait-" I took another three deep breaths. "You can open it now."

Jane laughed silently. Then she opened the door. My eyes landed on group of people who I suppose are the highly known persons. A.K.A. the business men. I followed Jane inside the room. She led me to some kind of a room at the top of the stairs of the function hall. Inside the room are groups of boys and girls my age.

"Miss Monroe, you need to stay here for a while."

"Okay."

Then Jane left me. My eyes search the room for my friends who said they'll be here. But they are not around. I wonder if they are really here. I just wish they are. Because if not, I'll be stuck with some complete strangers and complete loneliness. 

"Alone?" a deep voice behind me asked.

My eyes met a pair of green ones. Wait. I know this guy. He's attending the same school I'm in. What's his name again? Uh... Larry, Lloyd, Lancelot, Oh Lance! It's Lance Everingham.

"Uh... um.... not really...." I trailed.

Lance is pretty hot. But not as hot as Darren. Woah. Darren? Why am I comparing him to Darren? Curses. He has a pair of olive green eyes. Dark chocolate brown hair. You might think that it's black but it's actually brown. And tanned skin.

"Mind if I join you?" 

"Sure."

"By the way, I'm La-"

"Lance Everingham." I answered. "I already know you."

Lance gave me a confused look. "Have we met before? How come you know my name?"

"Let's just say, I go to the same school as you."

Lance shrugged. "Okay."

I'm too caught up smiling and staring at him. I almost forgot to introduce myself. "Oh I'm Aleandria Monroe by the way." Where are my manners?

"Nice meeting you.... Alejandra."

Is my name that hard to pronounce? "It's Aleandria. Just call me Lea."

"Oops. Sorry. Nice meeting you Lea."

I swear. This atmosphere is so thick. You know. It's kinda awkward. 

"Hey Dre," That annoying voice. It's definitely him. (A|N: guys, darren's nickname is pronounced as Drei. As in Andrei. In case you can't pronounce it.)