Chapter 26 - The Wrong Turn

Chapter 26

"Tell me," Lizzie said. "Do you think you and Darren will still be together until college?"

It is a sudden question to which I don't know the answer to. Who knows? The future is a long wide road. It has a lot of stops and streets. You can choose any road you want. And each road is a direction which ends to your final destination. So it means that this relationship, Darren and I, will only end if we took the right or wrong turn.

"I don't know." I said. "But I do hope that we'll still be together."

"Me too." The devil spoke as he sat next to me.

As usual, he made it as his habit to steal a fry from my tray. It still annoys me, but this is Darren. He can NEVER annoy me. Actually, he can. But then he knows there are consequences.

"So what are you guys talking about?" He asked us. "I have no idea what I just agreed to."

Lizzie sent me a mischievous smile then ran her annoying mouth. "We were just talking about if ever you and Lea would-"

Mortified, I immediately covered her mouth with my hand. This is a girl talk. And boys aren't to be informed about this.

"Nothing. It was nothing." I said.

He eyed me as if sensing my uncomfortableness. "Doesn't look like nothing to me. What is it Dre?"

I rolled my eyes. "Nothing. Really."

He was slightly convince then he dove in into another conversation with Glacier. I sighed in relief and glared at my friend.

"Darren!" A familiar british accent said.

I only know two persons who have this accent. Ashley and Adam. This is most certainly not Adam. After what happened last Daturday, I doubt Darren and him will ever be friends. Unless there will be a change of heart. Plus, he doesn't have such sweet voice.

Darren stared at her totally mesmerized. "Hey,"

Darren isn't this shy. He doesn't act like this at all. And why is his eyes twinkling? I get it that Ahley is thinner than I do. I get it that she's prettier than I do. But he never look at me like tht. As if she's his most priced gem.

"Can I sit with you?" She asked.

I was about to say, "Yes you can. But you may not." But then my boyfriend decided that he wants his dream girl to sit with us.

"Sure. " Darren said.

Losing my appetite, I stood up from my sit and was about to head out when Adam came.

"Leaving so soon?" He asked while setting his tray in front of mine.

"I was about to. But, do you want me to stay?" I glanced at Darren's direction in hopes of him hearing me. But he didn't. Instead, he's still too occupied talking with Ashley.

"Of course." Adam said while munching down on his food.

I sat down once again and just stared at Adam. He's gobbling his food as if he won't eat tomorrow. Wow, boys and their appetites.

"So what? Are you olay this Saturday?" I heard Ashley muttered.

I shot my head into their direction. Darren was about to answer hile smiling. Probably to say yes. But then he glanced at my direction remembering that he has a girlfriend. He looks so confused. His eyes shifted from Ashley to me, to Ashley to me, then finally...

"Damn you." Was what came out of my mout way too loud. The whole cafeteria stared at our table. My friends gaped at me and Glacier, was in the midst of kissing Lizzie's cheek but then stopped. And lastly, Adam is in the middle of eating the last bite of his burger.

I just sat there thinking of my past action. What is this? Is it healousy again? Didn't we just fought last Saturday? It was him who was jealous. Now it's me.

"Lea..." Darren trailed. He stood up from his sit as I stood from mine. I studied the whole cafeteria. They are all staring at me. And seriously, this is so weird.

He tried reaching for me but he was too late. I ran as fast as I could just to get away from the rumor pit. Away from Darren, Ashley, my friends, and the who Foreman Academy population. Inside the girl's bathroom, I locked myself inside the last stall.

"Stupid." I muttered to myself. "That's what you are! Why were you not thinking?! C'mon! You should have known better! You're such a worthless bitch. What will they think of you? A jealous freak who wants her boyfriend wrapped in her own fingers?"

I was so mad at myself. Is this the wrong turn? A decision Made that could spoil our relationship? When the bell rang, I saw Darren by my locker waiting for me. Considering that his locker is right across from mine.

I opened my locker without sparing a glance at him. I guess he left since it was so quiet. That leaves me the only person in the hallway. After closing my locker, I was about to head to my next class when I bumped into a hard wall. A familiar scent filled my nose. So after all, it wasn't a wall I bumped into.

"So what? You'll just ignore me? After leaving the cafeteria and screaming at my face you'll just ignore me?" He said, his voice echoing.

It was only us in the hallway. Everybody's inside their respective classrooms.

I couldn't find my voice. It feels like it's trapped inside a box.

"I..." I said. "I'm sorry."

Once again, I ran away from him. I think all my fats will burn out since I didn't do anything but run away from Darren. I guess he is running after me since I could hear footsteps behind. He grabbed my wrist and for once, stopped me. He was panting heavily.

"Wait." He tried to catch his breath. "What are you sorry for? I should be the one sorry for my mistakes."

"I'm sorry. Sorry for being the worst girlfriend. Sorry for being such a jealous freak. Sorry for everything. I'm probably the worst girl you've ever been with." I said.

He glared at me then ran his hand through his blonde hair. "Please stop saying that. You are not the worst girl I'd ever been with. In fact you're the most amazing girl I'm ever with. You have no idea how you make me smile like a total fool every time you're with me. You have no idea how I stopped fucking girls since you came. You have no idea how much you changed me."

Though his term is some what inappropriate, I feel a bit fluttered. I have no idea that I can do those things to him. But I also feel bad that I can't be the girl he wants. His type. Darren likes girls with flat stomachs. Like Ashley. But I don't. I have this small flab on it that whenever I sit, it will fold into layers. I am not his type at all. What did he even like in me? I'm nothing but a stubborn girl who's always jealous.

"But I don't deserve you. I am not your type." I said.

"What does my type have to do with this?! Can't you understand, I love you! And I'm sorry for flirting with another girl! It's just what I'm used to!" He screamed.

What he's used to? So it means while he's dating Elisa, he's flirting with another girls? Wait. He's just not flirting with them. He also likes getting into their pants. So much for having a boyfriend who's a player.

"I never changed you. You never changed. You flirted with another hirl right in front of me! Call me stubborn, stupid, jealous freak, fat, ugly, and naive I don't care! Because those words doesn't hurt me as much as seeing you flirting with another girl three feet away. So don't tell me that I change you because I never did. You're still the same man-whore I met! And you will never ever change."

I regret every word I said. Right then I wasn't thinking straight. I practically hurt him as I hurt myself. Darren looks like as if he's been torn into pieces and was thrown everywhere.

"Is that what you think of me? How could you think so lowly of me?" He said. A look of pain ran across his face. "This is it. I think you know how I exactly feel when you were with Adam. Now you can't tell that I can't be jealous. You are feeling the same way."

Is it over now? Is it gonna end here leaving us both broken and torn? I feel really guilty. After all, I am always the cause of Darren's despair. Without me getting kidnapped, he shouldn't have went through a comma. This is all my fault.

"Are we over now?" I asked in a small voice. Tears ran down my face as I saw Darren's hard, stoic face.

"No. I can't break up with you." I sighed in relief as he said those words. "For now, we could use some break. A time to think. We'll talk tomorrow after we sorted out everything."

Thank goodness he didn't break up with me. Because I wouldn't know where will I place myself if we did. I can't lose him. Not now. Not ever.

"Yes. I think that'll be the best decision." I quietly said as I turn around and walk away from him.

This is the first stop. We stopped by it then took another turn for a new street. I have no idea if we took the right or wrong turn. But inside me, under my stomach, I could tell that I took the wrong turn. As if something bad will happen. But I couldn't risk any of this. No matter what, I should turn into the right turn. The right path. That is if I want Darren and I staying together.