Chapter 20 - Is this goodbye?

Yayyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I updated once again! Now let's all welcome this chapter. A lot of things might happen. Watch out...

----------------------------------------------------I am the mysterious lady-------------------------------------

Fluttering my eyes open, I awaken from my not so good slumber. Looking to my right, the blond boy with me is still fast asleep.

Andrew. That guy. I didn't expect that he'll do this. Like what I said before, he's a nice guy. But maybe that's just a cover up. Now I believe in the words: Looks can be deceiving. My eyes moved towards Darren's asleep body. I admit, even if he's sleeping he looks dazzling. He was so sincere about apologizing to me yesterday. But it's so difficult for me to forgive him because of what he said. I'm not a slut. For some reason, I really want to know why he said that.There should be something for him to say that word. But I don't know....

"Take a picture while it lasts..." A pair of dashing blue eyes captured my green ones. The pair of eyes that caused all the fireworks to spark around me.

I turned away and all the blood that circulated around my body rushed to my face. I probably look like a velvet cupcake.

"Silent treatment? I remembered how you acted last night. 'Darren, I'm so scared....' and all that crap." He said. I turned to glare at him as hard as I could. I wish my eyes contains those lazer beams on tv. You know, like the one on the power puff girls. So I can burn this guy's face. "Sorry...."

I eyed every single thing inside the warehouse. Looking for a specific thing that might help us get out of this hell hole. But all I saw are boxes and wires. And those things are really really far from me. I can't walk considering that my feet are also tied together. My mouth is my only access.

"So genius, do you have any plan there? I really wanted to get out of this place." I asked him.

The doofus himself smiled. That cute little smile... I mean ugly smile. What the hell am I thinking? Falling for Darren Knight is not safe! There is a warning sign that says, "Keep out of the devious boy. Caution. Might cause a terrible heart problem."

"And she speaks! Thank goodness she didn't get her tongue cut!" he said.

I raised my eyebrow. He is really weird.

"Okay I give up. You win. Then don't forgive me." he surrendered.

So after all it worked. Darren can't stand silence. That's one thing I've learned. "Maybe if you start coming up with a nice plan to get us out of here, I will forgive you."

"Great. But don't worry, I already have a plan." he said.

"So how will we get out of here?" I asked.

He shifted in his place like his trying to get something from his pocket. He pulled out a pocket knife.

"Why do you have that inside your pocket?" I asked.

"I don't know. I just have this urge to bring it. I think maybe it will get handy. And see? I can use it now." In times of trouble, he still have the guts to smile like a fool.

"So.... how are you going to use that?" I curiously asked.

He smirked. "Babe, don't worry. We'll get out of here. Just stay in your place and watch." Then he winked. This guy really... But theough that playful glint in his eyes, I could see something more. Something I can't decipher. Perhaps he's really scared inside but he just chose not to show it.

Now I really feel guilty for not forgiving him. Maybe that slut thing going on is meant to be a joke. I really don't know. But what I'm about to do might break me forever or patch the wounds I have in my life. Either of those two. "Hey Darren," he stopped working on his plan. He bored his eyes on mine. Concern dripped on it. My heart raced inside my chest. That kind of nervous beating that reach my ears. "Remember when I said I don't like you on your birthday party?" I asked. He nodded. "Yeah that one. I-I-I just want to say that that thing is a big fat lie. I like you..." Remembering Mrs. Knight's words that if I didn't tell what I feel sooner, I might regret it. It might be too late.. "I really do." I added. I can't look at him in the eye. I'm scared of what might happen.

"I know." That shocked me. I stared at him.

"How?" I stupidly asked. Is that how obvious it looks like?

"I heard you talking about it in the cemetery. And I heard what my mom said." he confessed.

"You were eavesdropping?!" I asked in shock.

He smirked. "Yeah. I heard everything. Thanks by the way. Without your help, My parents might disown me."

I'm blushing really really hard that if ever I will come near a red thing I might blend in. "Anyway, I already blurted out my feelings for you. And as I can see, You don't feel the same towards me." My heart broke but I tried to compose myself. This hurts so bad.

What Darren did next is really unexpected. He smashed his lips on mine making the volcano inside me erupt. I never want his lips to part away from mine. Because when it's there, I feel like I'm very special. But he has to part it. "I love you too Dre." he winked.

I totally lose it. Call me crazy but I'm in love with Darren Knight. I smiled goofily. This is the perfect moment ever. But of course it can't be a happy ending without Satan's spawn ruining my moment.

"Wow. This could turn into a movie. Let's see how it will end." Andrew pointed his gun towards Darren.

I started shaking in my place. "Put that down Andrew!" I yelled.

He faced me. "Sorry dear. But it seems like grandma broke her promise and decided to call the cops." Sirens blasted outside the warehouse. Grandma did call the cops. "Now Lea, I'm giving you one last chance. Marry me to save your lives or choose to be with this bastard who broke your heart and he'll die." he threatened.

I can't choose. I really can't. This is a choice of life. Whether Darren lives or I live. But I can't leave without him. Tears welled up in my eyes. They started falling endlessly.

"I'm waiting..." Andrew chanted.

I look at Darren. "I'm sorry... I love you and what I'm about to do is for your own good."

Darren cried. The first time I ever saw him cry. Mad it breaks my heart to see him like this. "No...." he muttered.

This is a life and death situation. "Let him go and I'll marry you." I spit out.

A triumphant evil grin spread over his face. "Well that's easy." He asked his men to untie us.

Darren looked down at the pocket knife he has and to me. I understand what he's trying to do. I just hope it will work. Once we're both untied, it took him ten seconds before he finally swig his knife leaving the two guys bleeding gasping for their lives. Andrew saw what happened he rushed to us and pointed his gun towards us.

"You asshole! I trusted you enough to let you be a part of our group. And this is what you'll do?" Darren asked.

"Dumbass. Being in your group is part of my plan." Andrew said. He turned to me. "I gave you a chance. But look what you did. I'm sorry. But you have to pay." He pulled the trigger of his gun.

And everything happened in a slow motion. Blood scattered on the floor. Tears spread through my eyes. The cops came. They manage to kill Andrew. And Andrew shot Darren.

"No...no.. no!" I shouted.

Blood poured out from his stomach staining his shirt. He placed his hands on my face and wiped my tears away. "Hey Dre, if ever I die, Look for someone else to love you. I'm not worth it after all. All I ever did is break your heart. And I'm so sorry." He choked out.

"Darren, you are not going to die. Please promise me. Nobody can ever replace you in my life. You kissed this heiress when she first came into the limo. You brought her to your special place. Never have I ever experienced all those stuffs in my life. Now please promise me that you won't die. We'll live together. We still have a lot of things to do. You'll still take me to prom. My first prom wherein I have a proper date. C'mon Darren!" His eyes started closing and I don't know what exactly will happen. But he can't close his eyes. He can't leave me. I want to spend my entire life with him. He's the only boy in my life. I wish this isn't happening at all. I wish I would eventually wake up and find that everything else is fine.

"I love you Dre,"

Is this goodbye?

------------------
Sad chapter :(

Warning: Not edited.