Chapter 21 - Can't lose him

Guys! Warning: A very short chapter. This is more of a filler chapter for the next one. As for the one - shot, please don't hesitate to make one!

__________________________

"I love you Dre,"

Those are the words that he managed to say. Then he blacked out. My hands felt shaky at the moment. Tears relentlessly flowed out of their source. I cried and cried and cried. Grandma came and I don't care. Everybody came, I still don't give a fuck. All I know is I have to save Darren. He have to live. His parents arrived. Katherine's eyes welled up as she stare at her son.
I know she said something but my ears can't hear any sound. Mouth movements are all I ever see. No sound coming out of them.

"D-Darren... He needs to wake up." I managed to choked out. Then I blacked out.

-*-

There are only two things we need to remember about life. Sometimes it can be so kind to you. And sometimes... It's cruel. As you face it's endless trials, you should always remember to be brave. No matter what happen, you should always be strong. That's the most important thing.

"Lea, I think you should go home and rest dear. You've been here for two days now." Katherine said.

How can I possibly go home if all I want is to stay here by Darren's side? I've been longing for his voice. Two days without being addressed as Dre. I know I said I hate him for giving me that name. But that word never fails to make me feel like I'm his special girl. I need Darren.

I shook my head in reply. I heard Katherine sigh and she reclined on the couch placed on a corner.

"When will he wake up? I can't believe I'm experiencing this all over again. Dianna went through this too. But in another incident." Katherine muttered.

My eyes snapped at her. I feel sad for Katherine. If you will be comparing us, I personally think she's the one who suffers the most. This must be very hard for her.

All of a sudden, We heard a loud beep. I stared at the device connected to Darren. A straight line appeared.

No. This can't be happening. No...

Katherine sprinted outside to call a doctor while I stayed. "Darren! C'mon! Don't give up! You can't leave me... Please..."

I got worried everytime. And every second that passes, my world falls. He can't go. He can't die. I need him. "Darren..." I burried my face on the bed.

"Hey Dre,"