Chapter 14 - Friends

Chapter 14

"So his brother will stay in your house for a week?" Lizzie asked.

I told them all the things that had occurred yesterday. When I called Lizzie last night, she ask me to tell her the whole story the next morning. So that's what I'm doing right now. Telling her everything.

"Yup." I said popping the 'p'.

"So, speaking of Darren. Aren't you gonna come on the party?" Tarah asked.

"I don't think so. I have a date with my 'Temporary boyfriend'. " I air quoted the words Temporary boyfriend. If you would ask me, I'd rather go to the party than that date.

"Too bad. I bet the party would be fun! And besides, it's also his birthday party..." Tarah mumbled.

My eyes widened in shock. Wait- what?!? "It's his birthday?!"

"Yeah. Didn't he tell you?"

"No." That's why he is so eager for me to come. Now what? Will I come to the party or the date. I feel so guilty.

"Hey," Glacier's voice boomed.

Lizzie stared at him then blushed. What a sweet couple.

"Are you girls going to my party?" Darren asked out of nowhere.

"I am." Lizzie said.

"Me too." Tarah barked.

His eyes landed on me. "How about you Dre?"

"I'm," I don't know why, but I have this strange feeling that Darren won't talk to me after this. "Not."

His smile turned into a frown. "Why not?"

"I have something more important to do." I answered. I really feel guilty now.

"More important than my party?"

"Yeah." I have to look down at the floor. I don't wanna see those sad eyes.

"Well too bad. But in case you change your mind, it's a costume party." Then he left.

If you just know, I really wanted to go to your party. But I have to meet my temporary boyfriend.

All day long, Everyone keeps on talking about the party. It seems like most of the students will come. Except me. And the more everyone talks about it, the more I wanted to go to the party so badly. I wish I can reschedule my date. But Grandma said, Andrew is a very busy person. Because he only doesn't study. But he is also running their company. One thing my grandmother admired about him. 

~

"I have everything set up for you for this Friday. You'll meet up in one of our restaurants. The driver will drive you there. It's eight o' clock in the evening." My grandmother said.

Every pair of eyes in the dining room are on me.

"Where are you going?" Glacier asked.

"Is that the reason why you're not going to the party?" Darren asked.

"Hey Darren can I go to your party?" Danny asked his brother.

My eyes didn't leave my food. Nor did my hands wanted to touch it. I couldn't answer them. Do you know that feeling? The feeling that you're too shy to answer? My mouth doesn't want to open. I don't know what to say.

"She has a dinner date with her boyfriend. " Granny answered.

Both boys turned to me. "Boyfriend?!?" they asked.

"Since when did you have a boyfriend?" Darren asked. He looks like he was about to explode. 

I didn't answer his question. I heard his chair move. I dropped my fork and stood up. I followed him. He's heading towards the balcony upstairs. He leaned against the railing.