Chapter 25 - Trust Issues

Chapter 25 

"Even if the stars and moon collides, I never want you back into my life, you can take your words and all your lies, Oh, oh, oh, oh, I really don't care!" I sang along with the blasting radio.

It's Saturday and I'm going out. Adam will be here around an hour from now that's why I'm spending some time on taking a bath. I guess Darren and Glacier are also leaving for the bowling alley down the city. I slipped on a white turtle neck sweater and a black jeans. My hair fell five inches from my shoulders. It's too long. I think I might use some haircut. Anyway, placing my feet on the brown boots, Darren came busting in my room.

"Hey, where are you going?" He asked his blonde hair still wet from taking a shower. He's wearing jeans and is shirtless. Damn, I can't help but bite back a strange noise that this scene cause.

Darren's mouth curved into a smirk. "Are you checking me out all day or you're going to tell me where you're heading?" He asked.

Snapping out of my fantasy, I continued on putting on my flats. "Did you forget that I'm taking Adam to a tour around the city?" I asked.

That took Darren off guard. His smile turned into a small grimace. "Is it today?"

"Yeah. Why? We don't have any plans right? I mean, you're going to the alley along with your friends. And I don't really have any plan of spending a whole day here at home doing nothing." I said.

"Yeah. Anyway, what time will you be back?" He asked out of curiosity.

I gazed up at the ceiling trying to estimate how many hours do I need for the whole tour. Well there are a lot of things to show Adam. And that will consume an entire week. Maybe I could just choose the places that are usually attracting a lot of tourists. Five to six hours. That's all I need.

"Six hours." I said. "I'll be back by four."

Darren looks troubled. Like he's worried about something that may not even happen. "Well then, I guess I'll have to see you by then. Where are you taking him?"

"Maybe we'll be at Times square. Then the Central park. I guess that's it." I said. There are a lot of varieties in Times Square that will cause a few hours.

"Okay. I'll see you later." He said while grumpily exiting my room.

I don't know what has gotten into him. But all that matters right now is that I'll be a good tour guide. I wish I won't suck when it comes to touring Adam. I went downstairs and was greeted by the sight of Darren and Glacier leaving. I approached Darren and stared at him hardly.

"Darren, I know something's up. What is it?" I asked.

He casted his eyes downward. "Nothing." was all he said.

Is this about the tour? I'm pretty sure it's about the fact that I'll be spending nearly a day with a guy that Darren is not fond of. "If it's about the tour, I'm assuring you that this is just a friendly gesture. You know that I like you right?" I asked him staring at his pool of blue eyes.

At last, he stared back at my eyes. "Yes. But I just want you to understand that I love you that's why I'm acting out. I trust you. I know you are responsible enough not to do anything stupid. I guess this is just me getting... I don't know." he said.

Jealous. I want to say. But I bit back the urge to utter that word. "Well, your trust won't be wasted. I'm not going to do anything stupid." I said. I pecked his cheeks before leaving the house.

Placing a short sleeves orange cardigan, I waved both Glacier and him a goodbye before getting inside Adam's car which came five minutes ago.

Darren trusts you Lea. I told myself. Don't do anything stupid that might cause the sudden halt of your relationship.

I know that I also have to trust Darren. I believe that he won't do anything stupid. As long as we have faith in each other, Nothing will go wrong. Well at least that's what I think.

"So Adam, wanna go to Times Square?" I asked.

The guy smirked at me. "Of course." He said.

~Darren'sPOV~

Something doesn't feel right. I feel so uneasy like something will go wrong. I know I said that I trust her. But I don't trust British boy. By the way he stares at Lea, I know that he feels something for her. He had his eyes on her the day he transferred to our school.

"Hey dude," Glacier said. while turning to me. "Is there something bugging you? I noticed that you aren't focused on playing bowling. What is it?"

Glacier has always been my bestfriend ever since we were young. Out of all our friends, nobody knows me better than he does. He can read me.

"It's just that... I don't trust Adam with Lea's life. He might do something stupid. I learned my lesson of letting Lea be with some stranger. I can't risk another kidnapping scene." I explained.

Glacier took a sip of his lemonade before saying, "One way or another, you should trust him. If you want Lea to believe that you believe in her, you should learn to trust the person she's with at the moment. Like what she said, it's just a tour. It's not like it's a date."

"That's the point man. What if Porter will make a move on her? She's mine Glacier. I hope you understand what I feel since you have a girlfriend yourself. What if Lizzie will go out with someone else claiming it's a tour and then the next thing you know... something happened." I said worried sick.

The thought of Lea kissing someone else kills me. She's my girlfriend. Dammit. I shouldn't have agreed in the first place.

"Stop worrying man. Nothing will happen." He said trying to reassure me.

But I'm still not so convinced. I mean I trust Lea. But I'm just worried about what might happen. She's everything to me.

"I don't know... I - I want to follow them." I suddenly blurted out.

"You're crazy. Lea will be extremely mad if she knew you are trailing behind her. I suggest you just sit here and enjoy our time playing bowling. Lance and Blake are hitting it off. You don't wanna lose right?" Glacier said.

"I don't care about the match. I care about my girlfriend more than the silly game." I said while storming out of the Bowling alley.

All I have to do is track Lea and Adam. I pulled out my cellphone hoping that Lea left her gps open. Bingo. They are currently in Times Square in a bakeshop. I rode my car and am about to zoom off when someone sat on the passengers seat and at the back seat.

"Dude, you are insane. But we won't let you go alone. You can't just simply be James Bond without your back ups." Lance said from the back seat.

Blake nodded. "So Sherlock, where's the princess at the moment?" He asked.

"Bakeshop." I replied while driving off.

I know that there's a possibility that her highness is going to get mad at me later. But right now, all I want is for her to be safe. I can't be assured that Adam Porter will make no move on her. Adam is a player back in Britain. Or at least that's what Ashley mentioned. And I won't let him grab Lea from me.

~Lea'sPov~

We are currently in a bakeshop eating some cake slices and some milkshake. Adam and I went over some stores here in times square. Every store we went, We would always put on some of their products for fun. To be honest, being with Adam right now is kid of fun. But I kinda wish that Darren is the one with me right now.

"I'm kind of bored here in Times Square." Adam said.

So after all, I suck at being a tour guide. "I'm so sorry if you're bored. If you want you can just ask another student to give you a tour." I said.

Adam's eyes went wide. "No. I don't mean it that way. What I mean is I want to go to another place. Somewhere we can actually have fun on." he said.

"Oh," was all I said. "Well then, let's go to a place where you can actually have 'fun' on." I said.

"Sure.Where?" he asked.

I smirked and grabbed his hands. We went out of the bakeshop after placing some cash on our table. I gave him the directions as we went to the place where he can actually have fun.

"Why are we at the Central Park?" he asked.

I smiled. Looking over to a bunch of children running around the park, I glance up at him. "See those children over there," I pointed them out.