Bonus Content: Are you sure?

Bonus Content of I am the Heiress and I hate It

Bonus Content: Are you sure?

"Lea, are you sure you're alright?" Veronica, my friend, asked me.

We're studying for our semestral exam. Oh dear, after the spring break, another semester awaits.

"Yeah. It's just that, I think I ate something really bad this morning." I answered, feeling nauseous again. I stood up from the floor of my dorm room and ran to the bathroom in the hallway. I threw up on the nearest stall... again.

"You're definitely not fine. When was your last period?" Veronica asked.

That caught me off guard. Of course it isn't just a stomach flu. If it was, the medicine I took this morning would have worked already. I instantly turned as pale as a paper.

"You - you and Darren used condoms, right?" She asked.

I sighed in relief. My period is just late. Darren and I used - Shit. Two weeks ago, at his fraternity party. We did it and... I think I didn't hear him tearing a pack.

"Veronica, what am I going to do?" I asked, panic dripping in my voice.

"Uh... First, we have to get you a test. Second, tell Darren. That's if it came out positive. Third... Uh... Plan a name for your baby!" She said, sounding giddy at the last option.

I slammed my face in my hands. "Gosh, we're only twenty - one. I knew I should've waited 'til we get married."

Veronica laughed. "Lea, with a hot boyfriend like Darren, it is impossible to stay a virgin before your wedding."

She's probably right. The first time we did it was when we were freshmen in college. It was Christmas and the atmosphere was perfect for it. So we just did it.

"But what would he say? I know Darren. He hates responsibilities! Taking care of his younger sibling is already a very hard task for him. Let alone having a child of his own!" I said, tears started forming in my eyes.

"Aleandria Monroe, stop overthinking! I'm sure if Darren really loves you, he will be there by your side." Veronica said.

Be optimistic Lea. What the hell is wrong with you? You've been very optimistic most of your life. Think about it, a little child will start walking with you in the park. It's a baby for crying out loud! And you adore kids.

"Yeah. Let's go get Lizzie and Tarah at the library. I think we might stop by the local pharmacy." I said, standing up from the cold tiles.

-----------------------------

"What did it say? Am I going to be an aunt?" Lizzie said, trying to look over my hands.

I stayed paralyzed and tears ran down my face. I'm going to be a mom. The idea is alright with me. But what if Darren doesn't like it? What am I going to do?

"I have to tell Darren." I said.

I called Darren and asked him to meet me at the cafeteria in ten minutes. His frat house is just five minutes away. I put on his blue hoodie and went down.

I waited for like, fifteen minutes. Why is he late? He's never late when I ask him to meet me. Is this it? Did he sense that I'm pregnant and he'll leave me? We still have a year in college. Clearly, we're both legal enough to start a family. But... Knowing him, he's still a bit immature. Yes, he did man up over the years compared to High School. He's been more studious. Thus, college parties still stunned him.

After a minute, he finally came. He kissed my forehead then sat across from me.

"We've only been together this morning. You miss me already?" He said, then grinned at me.