Chapter 16 - He's an ass, but I like him anyway

Chapter 16

It has been a while since the last time I visited my parent's grave.  That's a day before the two assholes kidnapped me from my work.  Now, I'm back. And I sure have a lot of stories to tell my parents.

I place the basket of flowers in front of their grave. They actually share one. "Hey Mom, Hey Dad," I quietly said. "I'm sorry if I haven't visited you for a while. A lot of things happened. That's the reason."

As crazy as I sound, I don't care if those people around the cemetery think I’m crazy. I don’t care about their whispers. ‘Cause I’m just talking to my dead parents who won’t ever come back.  I remember the day of their funeral. The day everyone gave me some pitiful remarks and stares. Most of them say that I must be really sad because I lost both of them. Which is true. But some just continued on whispering and talking about how devastated I must be. And some even gossiped about the lack of presence of my grandparents on my father side. Rumors surrounded the room. But that time, I only listened to one person. My cousin Jill. She’s the only person inside there who’s not talking about me.

“Hey Mom, I want to tell you something. I know you won’t respond but please help me in your own way.” I said. “There’s this guy that I like…” If my mom is just alive, she’s probably squealing. “But I think he doesn’t like me back. But I really don’t understand him. He’s a little bipolar. Sometimes, he’s being the douche bag that he is. And sometimes….he’s the kindest person ever. I’m not even sure if he’s jealous right now because of the guy grandma set me up with.  What will I do?” at that exact moment, somebody tapped my shoulder.  Okay. This is getting a little creepy. “Mom?” Damn. If this is my mother, I’ll probably scream. I don’t want her to be some kind of a ghost showing up to her daughter who needs help! “Mom, if that’s you please don’t scare me…” my voice shook.

“I’m your mother… you should be scared… awoooooooo!!!!!!!!!!” a familiar deep voice said behind me.

What is he doing here? I turned around and my eyes met the familiar blue eyed blonde I’m talking about. He’s smirking. Wait- did he hear all those stuff? No.

“What are you doing here Darren?” Shit. I just wish he didn’t.

“Well, I owe you some apology from last night. I decided to treat you… But they said you went here…” he gazes down at the floor. He was biting his bottom lip and was fidgeting the bottom of his Abercrombie shirt.  Which I can’t help but to think that that is very cute. Damn this hot douche bag in front of me. But then he looked up again. And that playful smirk of his is glowing. “Oh and, I’m not bipolar, nor I am a douche bag.”

Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit!!!!! “Fuck you!” I cursed. “You fucking bastard get your ass in your car and leave me alone!” Damn it.

“Oh sweetie, stop cursing. You’re in front of your parents.” He joked.

I want to wipe that silly smirk of his face. Darren Knight is an ass. “Ugh!!!!!!!!!!”

“So you like me?” his smirk grew wider. Damn him.

I just groaned in response. Now what? He knows about everything now.

“Hey Dre, I’m talking to you. You like me?” he ask.

“No.” I said. I wish he bought my lie.

“But it came out of your mouth.” He said.

“Look Darren, How did you even know that that’s you? What if it’s Andrew?” I asked

“Because……. Andrew was the set up guy. Another thing I learned. You don’t really like that bastard.” I swear. I saw a glint of jealousy in his eyes. Then he whispered something that I didn’t quite catch.