Chapter 23 - Boyfriend

Chapter 23

He promised me that he will never leave again. I know that promises are meant to be broken. But I also know that this promise won't ever break. The promise he ought is bounded by a very strong thing. It's bounded by love.

"What are you thinking of?" Darren asked while kissing my temple.

We are currently cuddled up in my bed. After I got dressed a while ago, all we ever did is talk and talk and talk. I'm not even sure if we're allowed to cuddle since our relationship is unlabeled. Still, it feels good to be in his arms. His warmth filled all the coldness I have in me.

"Nothing." I said.

"Doesn't look like nothing." He murmured. "What is it?"

I sighed. Knowing that I can't do anything to stop him from pestering me about this subject. "Um.... What are we?" I asked looking up to see his face.

He stared down at me smiling. "Persons?" He asked.

I glared at him. "Quit joking around. I'm serious."

His expression changed into a serious one. "I'm also serious. You asked me if "What are we". We're persons. I'm just trying to be logical." He said.

I rolled my eyes. "I know that we're persons. But what I mean is, What do you call our relationship? Are we together? Or we're just hooking up?" I said.

He frowned. I never like it when he frowns. It makes me really guilty. "Listen Lea," he started. "How about at twelve o'clock tonight meet me at the main balcony of the mansion? I'll tell you what kind of relationship we have."

"Okay." It makes me really excited. And at the same time nervous. I'm just curious if what kind of relationship do we have. But I'm not really desperate. Sort of. But no matter what he'll be labeling us later, anything is fine except if he said we're going to be fuck buddies, friends with benefits or any of those stuffs which involves using and lying.

A knock came on my door. "Hey love birds, it's time to party!" Glacier said.

Darren and I joined the New Year's party outside. It was held in front of the mansion. At the wide circular drive way near the fountain and the grassy garden. Music blasted from Glacier's car. Lizzie is there. But Tarah isn't. She said that she'll do something else. Anyway, everyone is on full blast. Granny and Katherine are grilling barbecues. Mr. Knight is talking to Glacier's dad and mom on the table. Glacier, Darren, Lizzie and I are currently fooling around. Laughing our asses off because of the stupid dares we are doing.

"Now, Darren, for your New Year dare..." Glacier trailed. "I want you to do the plan."

"What plan?" I asked. I gazed towards Darren who's smiling. "Hey Darren, What's the darn plan? C'mon! Stop smiling. What is it?"

Curiousity killed the cat. But the cat has nine lives. But what is the plan they are talking about? I'm definitely confuse. I have no idea of what they are talking about. Suddenly, everyone gathered around us. Tarah, who said she has something else to do came with a guitar. She handed it to Darren. I turned towards the man I love. He started playing the chords of a song. A song that a lot of girls fell for. Though I'm not the biggest belieber, I can still recognize the chords of the song.

He stared at me with those blue eyes which mesmerized me now and then. "If I was your boyfriend, I'd never let you go
I can take you places you ain't never been before" that moment when we were at that party. Then he took me to the meadow and we had our second kiss.

"Baby take a chance or you'll never ever know
I got money in my hands that I'd really like to blow," On our first date, he bought tickets of One Direction's concert on Madison Square Garden. He bought those tickets at the last minute and he spent his own money for me and my addiction for 1D.

"Swag swag swag, on you
Chillin by the fire while we eatin' fondue," The ice cream shop. He took me there after he overheard me spilling every single detail of my feelings for him in front of my parents' grave. There I got reunited with Erin. And it's all thanks to him. "I dunno about me but I know about you
So say hello to falsetto in three two swag," Yes, he didn't know about me the first time we met. But he kissed me. And now, he's singing for me. At New Year's Day.

"I'd like to be everything you want
Hey girl, let me talk to you,
If I was your boyfriend, I'd never let you go
Keep you on my arm girl, you'd never be alone
I can be a gentleman, anything you want
If I was your boyfriend, I'd never let you go, I'd never let you go." From the Limo, to here. The night he's singing Boyfriend by Justin Bieber. It's very obvious in the song that he wants to be my boyfriend. The plan is this. To win my heart. To be that girlfriend who he'll never let go of.

He place the guitar down. Walking towards me with that genuine smile, he placed his right hand on mine. Raising our hands between us, he said, "Aleandria Monroe, would you be my girlfriend to mark our unlabeled relationship as dating?"

It was sweet. The way he asked me out is really sweet. And the song, it really matches every single event that had occured in our lives this past few months. And those months are the most magical and eventful months of my entire life. "Yes." That's all I have to say.

He leaned in and our lips met. As soon as fireworks erupted around my body, real fireworks clouded the sky which signals a new year and a new life. With Darren, nothing is impossible. Everything is possible. Me and him against the world. It's happening now. Nothing will ever break this relationship. Nothing...

------------------------

Unedited and short :) I was smiling the whole time when I was writing this. Vote and comment.