Chapter 6 - Behind the curtains of cockiness lies sadness

Chapter 6

This maybe be weird. But seriously? Two dates in two consecutive weeks? How can this be? I don't want to go out on dates.... But what can I do? They asked me. All over the week my mind keeps on floating about my upcoming date with Darren. I mean, I don't know what will happen there. Darren's kinda different. You won't know what is he thinking. You can't read his mind that easily. And that makes me nervous. I am sitting at our lunch table, eating, when my phone buzzed.

Don't wear a dress or a skirt later. The place we will go to is too risky for those kind of outfits. -Darren

That made me think of places we will go too. Is he trying to make me climb a mountain or something? Or maybe we'll go sky diving. I'm afraid of high places. Damn. Where will he take me? His text is like a death threat. It's too scary. I look over to the table where he's staying at. The popular table. He's smirking evilly at me. And that smirk DID scare me to death.

"Hey, stop drooling over Darren Knight. He's not that good for you." Lizzie warned.

I didn't yet tell them about my date with Darren later. I'm afraid that if I did tell them, they might blow up. Especially Lizzie. That's how they hate Darren.

"How did you know that he's not that good? And besides, why do you hate him so much?" I asked.

"Darren pretty much dated almost half of the girl's population in this school. And all of them went home with sorry asses. And he always get into fights because he's been stealing the girlfriends of other guys here. That guy serves as a death threat." Lizzie chattered.

I don't pretty much believe in that. I mean, what if he's not that bad. Maybe there's a reason why he's like that. Like what Glacier have mentioned before, he was sent to my grandmother's house because he made a deal with his parent's. And maybe he's trying to get over karma because of his sister's death... I believe that there's a reason why he's like that. And no matter what, I'm going to help Darren solve his problem. I'll do whatever it takes to help him.....

Later that day, I'm on my closet choosing what dress would I wear. Actually, it should not be a dress. Maybe a short will do.

I picked up a stripe white and red sweat shirt that clings to my body perfectly. And a high hipped black short. And I wore a black flat sandals with a zipper like an ankle boots. My hair is in a neat high pony tail. I put on some powder and lip gloss. Then I'm done. I grab a red purse and tucked all my things in there.

I went out of my room only to be facing Darren. Once I saw him, I think I stopped breathing for a second. He's wearing a plain black shirt and a grey vest. And he's wearing a black pants and black Nike shoes.

"Stop swooning over me. Your making me blush." Darren said in a fake flattered voice.

"Like I will do that." I rolled my eyes. "Aren't we going yet? I want this night to be over so badly."

"Ouch. That hurts you know. We are not even starting. Yet, you want this to end already."

For the second time tonight, I rolled my eyes at his remark.

~*~

"You're kidding, aren't you?"

"No I'm not."

Oh. My. Gosh. We are currently inside Madison square garden. We are going to watch Skyline in their concert here.

"How did you know that they are my favorite boy band ever? And where did you get the tickets? And how did you afford the tickets?" I bombarded him with questions.

"Woah. Wait- First, Every girl in Foreman likes them and obviously you like them too. Second, I bought the tickets online. And third, I got some money from my parents."

Oh yeah. I forgot that he's rich.

"Okay." But I'm still happy though. I mean, I love Skyline. And now I'm attending their concert! I can't help but squeal inside.

We watched the concert. I am squealing like the fan girl I am and Darren, on the other hand, is just laughing at my reactions.

"You know what? I'm hotter than those boys." Darren said while we're walking towards his blue mazda.

I might say, yeah he is indeed hotter than them. But that's still not a reason to like him more than them. "No you're not. They're hotter." I lied.

"I definitely am."

"No."

"Yes."

"No"

"Yes"

"No"

"YES"

"NO"

"YES"

"Stop. Are we going to fight again?" I asked him.

"We won't stop unless I hear you say, 'Darren is hotter than the Skyline boys.'."

He isn't going to drop this, is he? As much as I don't like to say this, "Darren is hotter than the Skyline boys. Happy?"

"Very much." he smirked.

Then we rode his car. Right now I don't know where is he taking me. But we stopped at Mcdonald's and bought some food. Then silence surrounded the car as Darren drove to some place. The next thing I know we are in a cemetery. We are currently in Trinity Church cemetery here in New York.

"What are we doing here?"

But Darren just kept quiet. We went out of the car and headed to a grave stone.

Dianna Andrea Knight

Born: February. 14, 1993

Died: February 14, 2010

"It has been four years. I guess Glacier told you why I was sent in your Grandmother's house."

I can see sadness and guilt all over his face. I - I - I never saw this side of Darren.

"It was her birthday. Like what I told you, my sister had the same situation as Vanessa. She got pregnant and the father of her child denied the baby. She was so sad that day. She's scared that our parent's might disown her. I was driving the both of us home. I can't help but feel sorry for her. She's crying. I was too caught up trying to figure out how to help her.... I didn't saw a truck coming.... Dianna died along with her baby. And I survived the accident. My parent's are very mad at me that time until now. I did everything......." his eyes are very sad. He wanted to cry but I think he's stopping it. I wanted to comfort him.... but I don't know how.

"It - it - it's not your fault.... maybe, that's fate..." I quietly said. I just hope my words helped him. But they didn't.

Darren faced me with flaring eyes. "Fate? How can you say that?! Is it fate that I have to suffer like this? Lea, my parents disowned me! It's my fault that my sister died! I'm the bad guy here!" he said shouting at me.

I'm scared of him. Every part of me wants to stay away from him. I'm even looking at the ground right now. "I'm sorry." I muttered. Then I ran away from him.

Is it bad that I said those words? I was just trying to help him. I didn't mean to get him mad. Believe me, I want to help Darren. But he has been building up walls. Walls that no body can pass through them. I just hope he'll let me help him........ I hope...

____________________________________________________________

What do you guys think? THis is a sad chapter though. But I'm already starting the problem in this chapter. I think it's time after all. but do you guys like it? I don't know whom will i dedicate this. But maybe a new reader who gave comments will have it.

~vote

~comment

~read

~advertise

Love 'ya!