Chapter 8 - I can balance a tray but not books!

Chapter 8

I woke up with the annoying sound of my alarm clock. Grumpily, I scratched my hair and sat up straight with my eyes still not wanting to face the scenery of my room. Trust me. I don't want to wake up today and go to school today. I guess I'm just too lazy to wake up. Yawning, I stretched my arms in the air. To tell you the truth, my weekend is pretty lonely. Last Friday is when I had my not so good date with Darren. The following morning, the boys left. They went home to their original houses. They are staying there for a week. They said they'll go back on Saturday after some kind of a ball which I'm not informed of. Well I guess I'll just know about the whole ball thing on Friday. I went to the bathroom and took my shower. Then I got dressed in the School's uniform. I noticed that my skirt got a little shorter. From an inch above my knee, it's now two inches above it. I guess I gained some height over the weekend. Which is next to impossible. I styled my wavy blonde hair in a side ponytail. I think I'll just have to see the boys in school. But we rarely see each other in school. I'm pretty sure you know the reason why. We are in two different groups. They belong in the popular while I, on the other hand is in the average group. Why am I discussing our school status anyway?

In the kitchen, I found Grandma taking her breakfast at the small round table. Which is very rare. She usually takes her breakfast in the dining room.

"Good morning Grandma." I greeted as I kiss her cheeks.

"Good morning." She said.

I sat on the chair beside her and started eating. I glance towards my grandmother whose very busy reading the local paper. I stared at her. She's my only family...

"Lea," my grandma chanted startling me.

"Yes?"

"There's a ball this coming Saturday. The daughters and sons of famous business men will be there. It's a debut ball." I guess I don't have to wait for Friday for the explanation.

"Do I have to attend?" I ask.

"Of course. At that same ball, you'll get introduced as the heiress of Monroe group of companies. I want you to be as graceful as possible when you'll be presented."

Is she... no. I wish she's not thinking of what I'm thinking.

"My grandma wants to freaking prepare me for the ball!" I exclaimed.

When lunch rolls, I told my two friends about what my grandmother wants me to do.

"She hired some 'Proper poised lady' to teach me this whole week." I air quoted.

"Poor you. Well most of us in this school will be attending that ball. They are all seniors like us. It's a debut ball after all." Tarah said.

I don't get it. "What do you mean?"

"Duh. You won't get to that ball unless your eighteen and above. And most of us in this school are all daughters and sons of powerful business men." Tarah explained.

"Can you please name those students? I want to know whom will I be facing this Saturday night."

"Most are from the popular group. There's Kendall Laine, Maria Carter, Avril Jenner, Cassandra Pleiton, Ellisa Meyer, Aaron Castillo, Blake Parker, Lance Everingham, Glacier Monte and Darren Knight. And from the unpopular group yours truly, Tarah Richards, Elizabeth Tanner, Aleandra Monroe and Hope Baskerville." Tarah said.

"Oh." Was all I said.

"But did you heard about the gossip that Kendall's family's business is in a major bankrupt? And there is a rumor that Kendall's family is already poor and all of their furnitures are gone that's why she doesn't throw any of her big parties anymore." Tarah blabbed.

"Where are you getting all of those informations? And besides, that's not true. She just had a party last night." Lizzie said.

"Oh those girls......." Tarah said under her breath.

Lizzie and I glance at each other and laughed at our friend.

~*~

"Ouch! I can't breathe Madame Levine." I choked.

This old lady is getting into my nerves. Does she really need to tie this gown so tight? I really can't breathe.

"Miss Monroe, I'm just going too loosen this if you already know the proper posture."

I mentally rolled my eyes at that. This is just the beginning of my lessons. I still have four more days to suffer. Ugh.

After the proper posture of sucking your stomach in, she gave me three books.

"Now, I want you to put these books in your head and balance them."

"What?!?"

"Chop! Chop!" she said.

I did as I was told. Then I started walking. But I think I can't balance the books. I placed my hands near it to make sure they won't fall. But they fell along with my whole body. I stared at Madame Levine who's eyes are closed and she's rubbing her temple.

"This is harder than I thought it is." The lady chattered.

What's harder is what she is asking me to do!

She instructed me to balance a book only. Then little by little, I manage to balance it. When I finally manage to balance a book, she added another one. All the time I keep on falling, balancing, and falling, balancing. The next thing I know, I can already balance five books on my head! Yey!

Today is the day two of my "Proper lady lessons". And you won't believe what's happening. If yesterday we studied about postures and proper way of walking, today, is table manners. I think this old lady is underestimating me. Of course I know something about table manners! My mom taught me the proper way of eating. Though I don't know why my beloved mother did teach me about table manners.

I showed Madame Levine that I know the proper way of eating, drinking, and stuffs like this and stuffs like that.

As a result of the five day classes, a proper poised Aleandria Monroe was born. And now I'm ready to face the high class society tomorrow night.

__________________________________________________________________

Finally. I updated because I want to update for you guys. And I also felt guilty because it has been a while since I updated. Another topic, I'm planning to make a book series . this book is included. It will be called the I Hate It series. Maybe it will be composed of two to three books. It depends. I already have the idea for the second book. It is some sort of a arrange marriage thing. You see, i always want to write an arrange marriage kind of story. I just don't know why. And the title will be: I'm Getting married to the billionaire's son and I hate it. Okay that's it. Tell me if you want to have the "I hate it" series. But of course I won't write the next book unless i'm the done with this. And the ball is on the next chapie. Bye!

-vote

-comment

-follow

-read

-share

Love 'ya!