Bucky BarnesxInjured Reader Imagine.

Pain covered your body as you layed on the middle of the street. Clumsy as you were, you were crossing the street, running to avoid a car that was coming. You could have avoided it for seconds if you haven't tripped and fallen down half way across the street, just to hear the car trying to brake but it was too late and it hits you making you scream in pain just a fraction of a second after you succeded in standing up.
Everything turned fuzzy and gray as you slowly lost your conscience, finally fainting seconds later. You still could hear minutes later how an ambulance came to pick you up and hurry you to the hospital.

Meanwhile at home your husband Bucky was patiently waiting for you with a surprise: he had cut his hair; when he got a call. "Is this James Barnes?" The young lady at the other side of the line said calmly. "Yes, it's me" Bucky said. "Sir, we need you to come to (h/n) hospital now. Miss (y/n) has had an accident and she isn't any fine." The girl said so calmly as Bucky instantly freaked out. "O-okay I'll be right... There! Thanks" He said and gulped as he ran to the door grabbing his coat, leaving the house.

He arrived and frantically asked for you to the receptionist of the E.R. waiting room. "(I'm here for (y/n) Barnes" he said panting. The receptionist nodded and looked for her on her computer. "You're just in time, she's about to go in to the OR for the second time, third floor, room number 27" she quickly spoke as Bucky nodded and ran upstairs, there wasn't any time to get the elevator. When he finally arrived to the third floor he walked into the hall just in time to see a group of medics taking you to the OR again. "(Y/n)!" He yelled although you couldn't heat him as you were sedated.

A doctor told him he had to stay out but he would bring him updates every half hour. So Bucky walked with them but stayed on the waiting room. It was taking forever for him to the medic to come and tell him how his beautiful wife was. Finally he came out and started. "She's stable. We're trying to take her back to normal." He said trying to loom calm although everybody knew he was lying.

By the fourth of fifth time the doctor came out, he didn't look so well. The compassionate look on his face didn't tell any good. "I'm sorry Mr. Barnes. We did everything we could." At first he thought it was a joke. "Come on. Tell me how my wife is!" He requested. "I'm telling you Mr. Barnes... She's gone." At this words he was shocked and within seconds he could break down. "C-can I see her?" His now shaky voice asked.

Apparently you had a broken rib (and some more bones but this was the most important) that got stuck between the others and pushing slightly into one of your lungs until it apparently made a hole on it. As Bucky entered the room where your lifeless body was, he couldn't stand seeing you there, so pale, so vulnerable... He kneeled by the side of your bed and cried, and cried. "(Y/n), why (y/n)? Don't leave me like this, (y/n)!" He said between sobs. He was holding your hand as he cried. "Please (y/n), come back to me..."

He spent several minutes not letting anyone even get close to her now lifeless wife, he sat beside her and talked to her about how they had met, their first date, when they got married, their kids, etcetera. He even called Steve and cried and complained about how she was so young and he considered this was unfair. All of a sudden a soft beep, beep, beep started sounding periodically and Bucky immediately called a doctor. (Y/n) was alive! The doctors immediately took her back to the OR to finish what they had started.

Finally, five hours later Bucky was able to see (y/n), alive. She was sleeping, obviously, but he was fine knowing the fact that she was alive. He waited the necessary hours for her to wake up. He fell asleep right next to her on a little couch and he was sleeping when she woke up. "Agh!" She complained as she tried to move a little. "What happened? I feel so bad" she spit, her voice almost not listening as she used to had a tube on her throat. As soon as Bucky heard his weak voice he immediately stood up. "(Y/n)! Oh, (y/n)! You're alive, my love!" He hugged her delicately trying not to hurt her. "You scared me to death" he said with a sigh. "I'm clumsy" she joked as if this wasn't that bad to make jokes about it. (Y/n), my baby, my love... You were dead like 45 minutes..." Her expression changed from weak smile to weak confusion. "W-was I? How did I survive?" She asks very, very confused.

"Today I realized I don't say I love you enough. Never. When I thought I hadn't had time to say goodbye... I don't want this to happen ever again. I want to be able to say goodbye, take care, I love you... Today I almost lost you, please, I don't wanna feel like that ever again. I love you." Tears had started to form at (y/n)'s eyes. "Oh, baby..." He hugged her softly as well as kissed his lips. "Please (y/n), don't ever scare me like that again. I love you so much to just watch you lifeless." "Don't worry baby... I've got the best soldier in the world." (Y/n) answered with a smile. "Bucky?" "Um hum?" "Did you cit your hair?" He smiled and ran a hand through it. "Do you like it?" He asked. (Y/n) smiled. "I love it."