Little Things (Clint Imagine)

Dedicated to TerryThomas828.

Why do I even exist?
Nobody gives a a fuck about me.
Nobody needs me.
I'm so stupid.
I'm so ugly.
Horrible.
I'm just a nuisance.
Everyone would be better without me.
I'm just... Not important.

Thoughts like those invaded your head as you lay all curled up in your bed sheets, tears flowing freely. All the contempt words people had told you since you had memory were flowing trough your head. You were alone, your nine-month boyfriend Clint was out on a mission, an important one apparently, because he had been out for almost a month. But that was good, because you had never told him about your depression and self-esteem issues. He didn't know a thing. Or did he? He wouldn't care anyway, would he?

But why were you like this right now? Well, it was a very stupid reason actually. You had been taking some selfies with your dog CoCo, to send one of them to your boyfriend. But each one you took, you kept observing it until you found every single defect on it. The way your smile looked, the way your eyes looked, your pose, you couldn't find your right angle... And the freaking dog looked good in every single one of them. This took you to stop trying and going directly in front of the mirror and finding every single one of your defects, which took you to get all depressive, crying and thinking you weren't important.

The truth was, you're very important. And Clint did know about your depression issues. He just didn't want to talk about it because he thought he wouldn't be able to help and might just get things worse. But every time he had to be away from you on a mission he would worry a lot and only didn't he get killed because he had promised to come back for you. You didn't know he was arriving home that night. He didn't know it either, the mission ended a little before than expected.

He was so exhausted, he even thought about spending the night at the tower like everyone else, but he couldn't break his promise, he had to come to you. Little did he know what kind of a mess he would find when he arrived. He opened the door and tiredly pushed a briefcase which held his bow and arrows. "Baby? I'm home!" He called from the living room. He didn't get any response so he worried and decided to look for you. It wasn't hard to find you though, curled up in your bed with the gray sheet pulled up over your head, sobbing softly.

"Baby? Are you alright?" He asked, making you gasp in surprise. You pulled the sheet down and sat up revealing your face, your eyes and nose looking red and puffy from the crying. You stared at each other for a couple of seconds, whilst your lower lip was quivering. Without saying a word, he pulled you in a hug and you couldn't help but start sobbing again. "It's okay, I'm here now. Please tell me, what's wrong sweetheart?" he asked in the most sweet voice he could make. "I am! I'm so ugly and stupid and I'm just a nuisance! It would be better if I was gone..."

He didn't know what to say. He knew this was coming, but you took him unprepared. "Sweetie, that's not true... That's an absolutely huge lie." he stated. But now he was out of words. You kept talking about how horrible you were and all your defects, sobbing uncontrollably now. He just hugged you and denied everything you were saying, but there wasn't any point on doing so. And that was when he had this good idea. He waited til you had finished talking about how unperfect you were and stood you up, he placed your hands on his shoulders and he was hugging you by your waist, then started singing softly;

"I know you've never loved
The crinkles by your eyes when you smile;
You've never loved
Your stomach or your tights;

The dimples in your back
At the bottom of your spine,
But I'll love them endlessly."

He paused for a second, maybe trying to remember the lyrics. But then he started again, further into the song.

"You never love yourself
Half as much as I love you
And you never treat yourself right darling,
But I want you to;

If I let you know I'm here for you
Maybe you'll love yourself
Like I love you, oh..."

All the time he was singing he was looking at your eyes, which were now full of tears of happiness. And then, after a few seconds of looking at you he finished;

"I'm in love with you
And all your little things."

You smiled and you hugged him tightly. "I love you, more than you could ever imagine, baby please, don't be like this anymore..." he begged to you with those puppy eyes only he had. You grinned slightly and said;

"Don't let me be."

And with that he smiled and leaned down to kiss you.

~~~~~~
Tell me what you think!

Love you all

~The writer x.