you have an allergic reaction (requested)

"Here you go, my love." Rosie smiled as she handed you the cup of ice cream.

You're on your second date with Rosé tonight and you're enjoying every second spent by her side.

You went for a walk in the park and played some games at an arcade before coming here to the new ice cream shop in the city.

You tend to stick to the simple flavors most of the time such as chocolate, cotton candy, and strawberry.

But tonight, something caught your eye, a new flavor that you haven't had before.

It was called Death by chocolate and it sounded so good that you just had to have it.

"Want to sit here?" You asked your girlfriend as you pointed to one of the tables.

"Sure." She smiled and sat down across from you.

As you ate your ice cream together, you both talked about whatever came to mind.

Currently, she's telling you all about the songs she's been writing lately, confessing with a blush that she wrote something for you.

You wanted to hear more about that.

But before you could ask her to go into more detail, you began to feel funny.

You cleared your throat as it started to feel tight all of a sudden.

You tried to focus on Rosé but her voice and the words she spoke were all beginning to fade out as you started to feel more uncomfortable.

You put your spoon down on the table and started to gasp for air as your tongue and throat started to swell.

"Baby, are you alright?" She asked.

You quickly shook your head as you nodded to the ice cream, looking at her with wide eyes full of fear.

"Are you allergic to something?"

"Yeah, nuts." You managed to say before you continued to gasp for air.

In a panic, Rosie grabbed your cup of ice cream that was starting to melt and used the spoon to look more clearly at it.

"Almonds?"

You nodded.

"This has almonds!" She said before getting up and coming over to your side.

People around you were starting to look on in a panic.

"Don't just sit there! Call for an ambulance, she can't breathe!" She yelled out before putting her hand on your arm.

Your lips were starting to swell and it was hard to take a breath of air into your lungs.

Help arrived quickly, showing up just a couple of short moments later as the ambulance had been close by, luckily.

"She needs help. Please hurry!" She said.

You wanted her to ride in the ambulance with you to make the trip less scary but you didn't know how to word it as speaking was next to impossible.

But Rosie managed to tell by the look in your eyes that you didn't want to go alone.

You extended your hand as they loaded you into the back of the ambulance and she got inside before taking your hand into hers.

"It's alright, baby. Hang in there." She said as she listened to you gasp for air.

She was terrified, wondering if she'd lose you on the way to the hospital.

But, thankfully, you made it.

The ambulance pulled up outside the doors of the hospital just a few minutes later and they rushed you inside, getting you the help you needed immediately.

Rosé hadn't ever felt so scared.

Seeing you that was horrifying and she feared that she was going to lose you.

But when she was finally allowed to go into the room with you, once you were stabilized, she took your hand as she sat down beside the hospital bed you were in.

"Hi." You said as she kissed your hand.

"You scared me!" She said.

"I'm sorry."

"It's okay. You're alright now, that's all I care about." She said as she kissed your hand again. "You never told me you were allergic to nuts."

"It slipped from my mind. They never said there were nuts in the ice cream. Places usually list it if it contains nuts so I didn't even think about it."

"Well, I'm going to be having a long conversation with that place later." She said, making you smile tiredly at her. "What a memorable second date."

You chuckled as she squeezed your hand.

"Hopefully, our next one will be a little better."

And despite how heavy your eyes were and how weak and drained you felt, her words still made your heart skip a beat.

"I'm so glad you're okay." She said as she brushed her thumb across your palm.

"Me too." You said and watched her eyes sparkle.

She was so crazy about you and almost losing you tonight made her realize just how much she cared about you and how much you meant to her.

And she was determined to always keep you safe from now on, no matter what it took.