you have a panic attack when the power goes out (requested)

"I'm going to go and grab a snack. Will you be okay here for a minute by yourself?" Rosie asked as she looked at you with worried eyes.

There was a terrible storm going on outside and she knows how much you hate them.

The branches are swaying with the constant high winds and they occasionally hit the window, causing you to jump.

The thunder is loud and forceful, shaking the house at times due to how bad it is.

The lightning is striking and the rain is coming down hard with no sign of letting up.

Overall, it's got you on edge.

But one relief you have is that the power hasn't gone out and that's enough to make you feel okay enough to be alone for a moment or two.

"I'll be okay. The power is still on. As scared as I am of storms, I can handle them compared to that. So don't worry too much. Go grab your snack, baby. I'll be alright." You assured.

She nodded and kissed your lips quickly before getting up.

"I'll be back in just a minute, I promise."

You watched her leave the room before sighing and reaching for your phone to see how much of a charge it had gotten.

You saw that it had just hit one hundred so you pulled it off of the charger and opened Instagram to distract yourself while she was downstairs.

However, just as you opened the app, the lights all went out and the room turned pitch black.

You let out a startled scream and dropped your phone onto the bed.

"Rosie! Rosie?" You called out in a panic.

But you didn't hear her voice or her footsteps in return and being alone in the dark made you panic.

You reached for your phone to turn your flashlight on but it didn't provide a lot of light, especially not a steady one since your hands were shaking so badly.

Hearing the floor creak, you dropped your phone with a gasp.

"Rosie?" You spoke again, feeling a weight on your chest.

You began to panic.

Your heart was pounding and your breathing became fast and unsteady as you began to have a panic attack, the darkness too much and too scary for you.

"Y/N?" You jumped upon feeling a hand on your shoulder.

Suddenly, a light appeared in front of you and you saw Rosie standing there as she lit the candle she'd been carrying.

"I'm so sorry I didn't get here sooner. I was searching for some candles. They were in a different drawer than I thought so it took me a moment to find them." She explained before setting it on your nightstand.

She set a few more up beside it and quickly lit them before sitting beside you.

"Are you okay?" She asked as she scooted closer to you.

You shook your head as you trembled and gasped for air, feeling as though your heart might explode from your chest as the panic grew and never let up.

"Oh, baby, it's okay." She softly spoke as she pulled you into her arms. "I'm sorry I didn't get here faster. I should've come to check on you right away. Try to take some deep breaths for me."

"I can't." You replied.

"You can. Shh, come on, look at me, my love." She whispered and looked into your eyes. "I've got you. Deep breaths."

You felt your lungs slowly start to open as you took some deep breaths, listening and watching her do the same with you.

"Good girl. I know panic attacks are awful but you're doing good. It's almost over. You're going to be alright." She promised.

You kept your eyes locked with hers and tried to keep breathing as your heart slowly but surely began to return to its normal and steady beat.

"Good job. I'm right here with you. It's going to be okay." She soothed.

She held you close though kept her grip loose, so you could breathe and come down from the terrible panic attack without feeling suffocated.

You focused on her touch and her voice, finding the comfort you desperately needed in her.

As always, she was your source of comfort and security.

Panic attacks are torturous and the feelings they bring seem inescapable but Rosie, being the light of your life, always manages to help you out of the darkest dark and the lowest low.

With the feeling of her fingers brushing so softly along your back and her soft, sweet voice in your ear, you were able to get through the intense panic attack.

The weight on your shoulders eventually lifted and you leaned against her as she kissed your head.

"Are you okay?" She whispered softly.

"I'm okay." You said as you put your head on her chest, listening to her heartbeat. "I'm okay because I have you. Thank you for being here for me."

"I will always be here for you." She promised and when you lifted your head, you saw a sparkle in her soft brown eyes.

Just as you went to speak again, the lights suddenly came back on.

"Oh, look at that. Power is already back on." She smiled before she let you go. "I guess I should blow these candles out and we can watch a movie or something."

"Actually..." You paused as you grabbed her hands in yours. "Can we keep them lit? And cuddle for a while? I just need you."

"Of curse, sweet girl." She smiled before turning the light off. "I'm right here."

She laid down and pulled you into her arms, stealing a kiss from your lips as she did so.

And though the storm was still going on outside and the power could go back out at any time, you didn't feel as afraid as you did before.

Because you have Rosie and you know that with her, you don't need anything else.