did I ruin it all? (requested)

Standing outside the front door of Rosie's house, you sank your teeth into your lip anxiously as you took a deep breath.

You haven't seen her in a few days and you haven't spoken to her much lately either and that's worrying for you because you and Rosé have been friends for years and even when she's been extremely busy, she's still made time to talk to you.

You fear that the reason why you haven't spoken in a few days is because of you.

You can still remember what took place when she came over to your house that day; you had been on the sofa, watching a comedy film together and you had gotten completely lost in her pretty smile.

And, somewhere, your feelings for her began to spill out and you ended up telling her everything that you've held back for so long.

How you have a huge crush on her and wish you were more than friends.

She had sat there in shock for a moment before telling you that she didn't feel the same about you.

She cares very much about you, you remember her telling you that more than once, as if she was trying to reassure you because she knew already that you would feel bad.

But her feelings for you weren't  the same as yours.

Of course, it was hard to hear, because you truly do love her.

But you know you can't force her to feel the same way as you and if she doesn't, you have to accept it and let go of all the hopes and dreams you'd had before.

She ended up leaving early that night, only halfway through the film, and you've been hating yourself ever since because you fear you messed everything up.

You couldn't go another day with the fear of having lost her completely and you had to clear things up.

So you knocked on her front door and waited a few seconds before it opened.

"Y/N, hi!" She grinned.

"Hey. Can I come in?" You asked.

"Yeah, of course." She said as she made her way back into the kitchen.

You followed her inside and closed the door behind you before following the delicious smell of whatever she was making.

"You're just in time. I'm making dinner and I would love some company." She said.

"You really want me to stay?"

She furrowed her eyebrows as she put the spoon down and turned to look at you.

"What are you talking about? Of course, I do."

"I just didn't know. After what happened, we haven't talked and... I worried that I screwed everything up."

She frowned as she walked over to you.

"Rosie, did I ruin it all?" You asked and she heard your voice trembling.

"No." She said, staring right into your eyes. "You're not getting rid of me that easy."

You smiled a little.

"Look, telling you that was very hard for me to do and I know it was hard to hear because when you confess your feelings for someone, you always hope they feel the same. I never wanted to break your heart or let you down but you're my best friend and I have to be honest with you. It would be so unfair to you if I lied to you and strung you along."

"No, I understand. I appreciate you telling me the truth. You're a great friend."

She smiled at you as she squeezed your shoulders.

"We will always be friends, Y/N. We have for years. Even when I was on world tours with the girls or I was busy with comebacks, I always made sure to talk to you because I truly care about you, as my best friend in the entire world. Trust me, you're not going to lose me. Not ever."

You looked relieved and that made Rosie feel relieved as well.

"I'm so sorry I haven't been texting or Facetiming you the way we usually do, things have just been even more insane than usual lately. But I'm not ignoring you and you didn't ruin anything, I promise you."

"That makes me feel a lot better. Thank you." You smiled.

"Of course. Hug?"

You happily hugged her, just as she wanted you to.

"Everything's okay, I promise you." She said as she rubbed your back, hoping to rid your mind of any worries that might be lingering.

You smiled as she hugged you a little tighter, knowing that she was right; you would always be friends because nothing in this world can ever break you apart.