a rose above my scars (requested)

"I have a surprise for you." You told Rosé as you climbed back into bed with her.

"Oh, yeah? What's that, darling?" She asked as she set her phone back down on the nightstand.

You took one of her hands into yours and brushed your fingers across her palm ever so softly.

"I wanted to show you this the day I got it done because I was so excited about it but I decided to wait until today since it's healed up."

She furrowed her eyebrows slightly as she waited for you to show her.

Pulling up the sleeve of your long-sleeved shirt, you let her see what you'd had done recently.

"My very first tattoo." You said.

"Right over your scars." She whispered as she gazed at the tattoo more.

"When I first told you about my scars shortly after we started dating, you made me feel so accepting of them. That's something no one has ever been able to do for me before because I always felt ashamed of them..."

You paused as her brown eyes met yours.

"We've been together for a year and a half now and when I look at my scars, I don't despise them nor do I feel ashamed. You always tell me that scars are beautiful because they show how strong you are."

You smiled and watched her eyes sparkle.

"So when I went into the tattoo shop, I told them I wanted to get this stem with thorns right over my scars with a rose above it. Because I think you're the most beautiful of all."

She gently cupped your cheek as her lips tugged into a soft and warm smile.

You saw those brown eyes you love so much fill with tears as she gazed at you so adoringly.

"You've helped me love who I am, every part of me, scars included. I love you a lot and now, I have something that reminds me of you everywhere I go, even when we're apart for any reason."

"That makes me so happy, you don't even know how much." She smiled. "You're my whole world, Y/N, and I love you with all of my heart. I think you're the most beautiful girl in the world and all I've ever wanted is for you to see yourself how I see you. You deserve that."

She looked at your tattoo and gently brushed her fingers across it.

"This is the prettiest tattoo I've ever seen."

"You bring me so much happiness and love. You've helped me love my scars. Now, I have a rose above my scars, to remind me of my Rosie," You smiled.

She pulled you in for a loving kiss, her sweet lips moving so softly against your own as her heart swelled with love.

When she pulled away, she gently grabbed your wrist and pulled it to her lips, letting them brush right over the stem and thorns and then the rose.

"Just when I think you can't make me any softer or that I can't possibly love you more than I do, you do this." She whispered with a smile. "My sweet, beautiful girl. I'm proud of you and I love your beautiful tattoo."

"Me too." You said as you put your head on her chest. "Thank you, my sweet Rosie, for helping me love myself; even the parts I thought I felt so ashamed of. I'm not anymore, all thanks to you."