she has a dream that you break up after a fight (requested)

"Fine! Be like that then!" Rosie yelled out as you stormed into the bedroom and slammed the door.

You heard her slam the door of the guest room across the hall and you sat down on the foot of the bed with tears in your eyes.

You hate fighting with Rosie.

To you, there's no worse feeling.

Even though you know it's normal for couples to have their fair share of fights, you hate the thought of her being upset at or because of you.

But tonight, you just couldn't hold back, and it seemed that she couldn't either.

You both had very hard and stressful days and one tiny thing set you both off; something so minuscule and so stupid that you can barely even remember it.

But you do remember the fight that it caused and the words you both said and they keep lingering in your mind.

Even though you were upset, you glanced at the doorknob and decided to keep the door unlocked tonight.

Just in case.

It was hard enough to close her out, locking her out would just be impossible.

You decided to have an early night because you felt so fed up and you just wanted the morning to come so you and Rosie would have no choice but to confront each other before leaving for the day.

You decided to wear one of her shirts before you crawled under the covers and drifted off to sleep.

Across the hall, Rosie was calling it a night as well for the same reasons as well.

She laid her head on the pillow, her mind running with thoughts of you and the fight that had taken place.

But, somehow, she managed to fall asleep.

But she didn't sleep peacefully.

Because soon after she drifted off into a deep slumber, a terrible dream plagued her.

It was the next morning.

You both opened the doors at the same time before locking eyes.

She watched you head downstairs a second after, quickly breaking the eye contact.

Rosé followed behind you and you met in the kitchen.

"So... about last night." She said. "I can't believe we fought like that. Can we put it behind us?"

You sighed and folded your arms over your chest.

"I don't think so."

"What do you mean? We can put it behind us, baby. You want to do that as much as I do, right?" She asked with a hint of hurt in her voice.

"You know what I want? I want to break up."

Her heart dropped and she began to shake her head in disbelief.

"N-No. No way! We can work it out, my love."

"What if I don't want to work it out? What if I'm just so fed up I'm done?" You asked. "Because I am. I'm done. I don't want to do this anymore."

"Baby, we rarely ever fight and it was just a little more intense than usual. It's not the end of our relationship."

"I think it is. I'm done." You said before you grabbed your bag. "I have to go to work. By the time you come home, I'll be gone."

"But Y/N-" She said, only for you to slam the door behind you as you walked out the door.

Her whole world was shattered.

She'd lost you and she didn't know what to do now since nothing else in the world mattered compared to you.

She sat up in bed with a gasp.

Her heart was pounding and anxiety rushed through her veins.

It had all felt so real, too real.

And in a panic, she ran out of the guest room and across the hall to your shared bedroom.

She was relieved to find the door unlocked and even more relieved to find you asleep in bed.

She hurried to your side and turned the lamp on before shaking you awake.

"Rosie?" You groaned as you rubbed your tired eyes after opening them. "What's going on?"

"I had a bad dream. Can I... can I sleep in here?"

"I mean, the bed isn't mine, it's ours." You said. "So yeah."

She breathed out a sigh of relief and crawled under the covers and as much as she wanted cuddles from you, she was afraid to ask you after everything.

"We broke up."

"What?" You mumbled as you rolled over to face her.

"In my dream. We broke up." She said as tears filled her eyes. "It was tomorrow morning, after the fight. I couldn't talk you out of it. You were determined to leave."

"Rosie," You sighed. "I'm not leaving."

"But you're still upset, aren't you?" She asked as her lower lip trembled. "I wish I could take it all back. I wish we never had that stupid fight."

"Baby, I'm not upset and even though we had a fight, it wasn't that bad. I'm not breaking up with you. I'm not going anywhere."

You calling her baby, your soft voice as you spoke, the softness in your eyes, and the way you brushed your fingers across her arms all made her tears fall uncontrollably.

"I don't want to lose you. Not ever."

"And you won't. Because we may have our fights every once in a while but I will always love you. We'll always make up again. You don't have to be afraid of me leaving you because it's never going to happen."

You kissed her forehead softly and she smiled at you.

"I love you too." She said before you curled up together. "Can we put everything behind us?"

"I'd like that." You said. "Have sweet dreams, baby. We're okay. We'll always be okay."

She smiled again as she fell asleep with you in her arms, knowing that everything was going to be alright.