eat (requested)

Author's Note: this chapter contains possibly triggering content as it revolves around not eating. So please don't read if that makes you uncomfortable!

Also, remember that I think you're beautiful just as you are. I love you all very much and if you do read this, I hope you enjoy it. 🩷

————————————————————

"Here you go, sweet girl." Rosie smiled as she put a plate of food down on the table in front of you. "Eat."

You stared at the food on the plate wordlessly as you toyed with the hem of her sweater that you were wearing.

You didn't move to grab the fork and you weren't saying anything at all to her and Rosie, who was already anxious, only got more concerned.

"You have to eat, Y/N." She said as she brushed her hand across your back.

"I'm just not hungry."

"You're lying." She spoke.

You tried to get up from the seat but she grabbed your hand gently, wrapping her fingers around your own.

"Don't do this." She pleaded.

You sat back down, refusing to look into her sad and worried brown eyes.

"Don't lie to me, baby. Please."

"I'm not lying."

"Yes, you are! You are hungry, I know it! How can you not be when you haven't eaten anything in days?"

Tears filled your eyes as you lifted your head and stared at her.

"How'd you know?"

"Because I know you like the back of my hand." She said as she sat down beside you, pulling the chair as close as possible.

She placed her hand on your thigh and let out a heavy breath, fighting back her tears.

"Your friends told me that they're worried about you. They said you haven't eaten at work and I've had the last few days off so I know you're not eating when you get home. You tell me you're too full from breakfast and lunch to do so."

Your lower lip trembled as she spoke.

"You haven't been eating at all... have you?"

"No." You confessed, your voice breaking as you did so.

"How long?"

"Not quite a week yet but... almost."

"That's what I figured. That's why I can't let you get up and leave this table until you finish your food."

"You can't make me eat, Rosie. You can't force me." You said.

She gazed at you in hurt and disbelief.

"You think I want to force you to eat? That's the last thing I'm trying to do, Y/N. But you need to eat. I'm trying to look out for you because I love you and if you don't eat, you're going to get sick!"

"Who cares!?"

"I do, dammit!" She yelled. "I fucking care, Y/N. Because I love you!"

She was crying at this point, not even worried about holding her tears back.

"I love you and I need you. I can't imagine life without you. I can't lose you." She sniffled. "I can't just stand back and watch you do this to yourself. I'm scared!"

You let out a shaky breath.

It hurt seeing her crying like this and knowing that it was because of you.

"If you don't eat..." She paused, almost unable to say the words on the tip of her tongue. "You could get sick... so sick. You could... die."

The last word fell from her lips so quietly because she could barely say it.

"And you're not supposed to die until we're old and grey. Until we're surrounded by our kids and our grandkids and our pets. When we're in rocking chairs holding hands. That's a long, long time from now. But if you don't eat, I could lose you way before that. And I can't, Y/N." She cried.

You got up from your seat and sat on her lap so you could hold onto her tightly.

She was sobbing and holding you so tight; terrified that if she let go, you'd just slip away.

"I'm sorry. I didn't realize I was taking it so far. I read things some people were saying about me and I thought I should change. I just needed some control for once and I just wanted to be perfect."

"You are perfect." She said as she cupped your cheeks. "To me, you are. Who cares what anyone else says or thinks? You're my girl and I know you better than anyone else."

"I know."

"So stop doing this to yourself. You have to eat, okay? Because I love you and I have so many plans for us. I need you with me until we're a hundred."

"Okay." You smiled before kissing her lips lovingly.

"Please eat for me, pretty girl."

You nodded and turned around.

You were still on her lap and her arms were wrapped around you as you reached for the plate and started to eat.

Rosé was so proud.

"That's my girl." She whispered and kissed your shoulder. "You can do it."

She watched you with a sparkle in her eyes.

"Just know that from now on, if anyone says anything bad about you, I'll stand up for you in a heartbeat. I'll tell them to go fuck themselves. Because you're gorgeous and you deserve the world."

"I love you." You said in response.

"I love you more. Is the food yummy?"

"So yummy. I may want more."

"I'll happily make it for you. Just say the word and I'll make more." She promised as she watched you happily eat and enjoy your food.

And she hoped that you'd never do this to yourself again.

Because she doesn't want to lose you; not ever.