maybe we should break up - part two (requested)

It's been a few hours since you stormed out of Rosé's place and drove home through the blur of your tears.

You're curled up in bed, hugging the koala plushie she got for you during the months you spent together.

You can't believe how much changed tonight and how it all changed so fast.

You had to turn off your phone because your friends and family bombarded you with messages and your socials were going crazy.

You just wanted to be alone.

Your tears continued to fall fast as you cuddled the koala tighter, wishing that it was her.

You already miss Rosie so much and you can't help but wonder if she misses you too.

You felt your eyes growing heavy as you continued to sob and, eventually, you cried yourself to sleep.

You awoke a couple of hours later to a feeling you loved so much.

Someone was playing with your hair.

And for a second, you were so content and so sleepy that you didn't even think about who it might be.

You figured it had to be Rosie, the touch felt so familiar.

But when you opened your eyes, you remembered what happened and you jumped as you realized that it might be some crazy stranger.

With everything that's happened tonight, the possibility of someone finding your place and coming inside was pretty likely.

But, thankfully, it wasn't a stranger.

It was Rosie.

But, for a second, in your heart, she did feel a little like a stranger, like someone you'd recognized so well before but not now.

Not after how she acted.

"What are you doing here?" You asked.

Rosie waved the key around in her hand.

"You gave this to me, remember?"

"Great, thank you for returning it." You said as you reached for it, only for her to hold it away from your reach. "You don't need it anymore."

She swallowed the lump that appeared in her throat.

"You don't need me..." You quietly said.

"That is so untrue!" She said as she scooted closer to you. "I do need you. I need you like you're my oxygen, the air in my lungs. Without you, I couldn't make it."

"Well, that's certainly different than how you felt earlier!" You said as you pulled away from her.

"I know. I know I messed up. I said so much stupid crap, I'm an idiot!"

"I can't argue with you on that." You said as you folded your arms over your chest, glaring at her.

"I'm so sorry." She said. "I just..." She paused as she hung her head. "I love you so much. Since debuting, I haven't been with anyone like I've been with you. This is all so new to me."

You sighed and scooted closer to her.

"I've had a crush here and there and I've met people I thought I might want to be with but I've never cared about anyone or loved anyone as much as I have you."

You cracked a small smile.

"You're my everything. From the day we first met, I knew what we had was magical. It was so special. I've never felt that spark or that love at first sight feeling until we met. I never felt this need to keep someone so safe and protect them from everything that my life comes with. But I have you and I feel that so intensely."

"I know." You said. "I know I'm not in your shoes as an idol but I've always felt the need to protect you from the hate and the paparazzi. Because you don't deserve that."

She smiled as you took her hand into yours.

"I'm so in love with you. We've been together for six months and I've never been one to want to rush anything but I only want to be with you. Me saying that dumb stuff earlier was just me trying to make sense of everything. Because you're my girl. I have to keep you safe."

"But, Rosie, you're too scared of the hateful things people say. What about your fans who are so supportive of you? The ones showing you so much love all the time, every chance they get. I think that outweighs the negatives."

"Yeah, that's true." She smiled.

"I know you want to protect me and I know it's not going to be easy but isn't it worth it? Because we have each other and we love each other."

"Love? Not past tense?"

"No. Right now." You said as you squeezed her hand. "Because I'm in love with you too, baby. And I don't want to lose you. The hate, the rumors, the paparazzi, the stalkers - they can't scare me away. Not when I've got you."

"You're right. I'm sorry about everything. Will you please be my girl again?" She asked with a look of hope in her soft brown eyes.

You stroked her cheek and she leaned into your touch with a smile.

"I've always been your girl and I always will be."

"I love you." She whispered before kissing your lips lovingly.

And she smiled against them a second later because, for a while there, she thought she'd never kiss you again.

She thought she'd never feel them against her own, admire the way they tasted, and feel as though they were made to be kissed by her lips and only her lips.

"I love you too."

She continued to kiss you softly as she laid you down, happy that everything worked out while also knowing she never let you go again.