a rose above my scars - part two (requested)

"Good morning, beautiful." Rosie smiled as you opened your eyes.

Her soft hand brushed across your cheek as your eyes met hers and you smiled happily before wrapping your fingers around hers.

"Good morning, pretty girl."

She leaned in and gave you a soft kiss before pulling away to bring your hand to her lips.

"Do you want breakfast?"

"I would love some breakfast." You replied. "In a few minutes though. The little rascals are still in bed right now so we have a few minutes alone."

She giggled before nodding and pulling you in for another kiss.

You hummed against her lips, melting over how soft and warm they were despite you both just waking up.

However, your morning makeout was interrupted by the bedroom door opening.

"We're hungry!" Your oldest daughter announced as she jumped onto your' and Rosie's bed.

"You are? Already?" You teased as she and the other kids moved closer to you and Rosie.

Rosie was still holding your hand and she smiled as she looked back at you, her gaze falling onto the tattoo on your wrist.

"I still can't get over how beautiful it is." She whispered. "It's been how long since you got it, now?"

"Almost eight years." You said.

"Pretty." Your youngest daughter spoke.

"It is very pretty, isn't it?" Rosé asked as she looked at the three kids you had together.

So much has changed since the year you got that tattoo to remind you of your Rosie.

She proposed to you shortly after, you tied the knot a half a year later, and then the two of you started making your own little family.

Your oldest daughter was six, your middle child, a boy, was three, your youngest daughter two, and, in a few months, you and Rosie will be having another baby.

Life has changed a lot since then but in the best and most beautiful way, making you and Rosie feel like the happiest people in the world.

And even after all this time, with every single day, you only fall even more in love with each other.

"Have I told you all the story about my tattoo?"

They all shook their heads.

"Well, your mom has made me the happiest woman in the entire world. I've loved her from the moment our eyes met almost ten years ago. She's always made me feel so loved, including the parts of myself that I didn't think were pretty."

"I think you're pretty, Mom," Your son said, making you chuckle.

"That's what I tell her every day." Rosie smiled. "But there was a time she didn't feel so pretty, at the beginning of our relationship, when we were getting to know each other more."

"But that changed very quickly because you know how amazing she is. I'll tell you all right now, the best kind of love you can find in this universe, is the kind that encourages you to love every part of yourself; even the parts you don't like so much. They help you learn to love yourself."

"That's what mom did?" Your oldest daughter asked, to which you happily nodded.

"And she continues to do that every single day, just as I do for her." You said as Rosie kissed your cheek softly. "You see this?"

You showed them your tattoo, letting them look at every detail of it.

"The stems and the thorns are on some scars that I got when times were tough. And what's that above it?"

"A rose!" Your son replied.

"A rose, just like mom!" Your oldest daughter replied.

"Exactly." You smiled. "It's a rose, for my Rosie."

You kissed Rosé's cheek and she giggled because, even after all these tears, her heart still skips a beat when you tell people that.

"And, when the new baby comes, and they get older, I'll tell them the same story I just told you and I'll let them see my tattoo. Because I'm proud of it, just like how I'm proud of my body and our babies!" You grinned and kissed them all, making them laugh. "And, of course, my Rosie."

Rosie cupped your cheek gently and pulled you in for another kiss, grinning against your lips.

"I love you so much." She whispered against your lips. "I love every inch of you and I love our beautiful family."

You put your head on her shoulder as she rubbed your bump and the kids continued to stare at your tattoo, so fascinated by it.

You truly are the happiest and luckiest girl in the entire world.