Too late

"go to the place I told you about"

Those words were the reason Takemichi Hanagaki was in that abandoned building, standing not so far from his friend, his once blond hair was now black, his dark blue eyes had no sign of life and hope, but they were as sweet as 12 years ago. ..

They were talking like before, Takemichi was crying like the crybaby he was, Mikey was talking like the gang leader he was...everything was the same, Takemichi knew that Mikey wasn't the one who would kill their friends, he wouldn't...right?

"Why did you leave?" Until those words leave Manjiro's lips, Takemichi's eyes widen, he doesn't understand, yet again a missing piece in his memory makes everything new to him.

But as the boy spoke, the more Hanagaki didn't want to believe, his body shook as new tears welled up in his eyes threatening to fall back.

"I am the one who killed them"

"That Toman no longer exists. Those guys and all the others... I killed them all. That's why I want you to stop me"

But now.. Hanagaki was held down with a gun to his head, those eyes glaring into Mikey's as he tightened his collar tighter. Takemichi's eyes...really felt like he had traveled back in time...

"We can't go back in time"

BAM!!!

All that was heard was a gunshot echo through the empty building.

"M-Mikey-kun.." Takemichi didn't know why..but he swore he could've seen Mikey's body fall to the ground, yet he was was still sitting on him.

"Thank God~" and that voice finally spoke "I made it just in time" it was then Mikey and Takemichi realized, that they both were still untouched, not a single blood was on neither of them..

So they looked up, curious yet shocked, before their eyes jolted open as Mikey dropped the gun from how hard his hand was shaking, Naoto backed off, a step after the other until he tripped and fell to wall, sliding down and hitting the ground, his lips shook not letting him speak.

"Ta-" yet before another word was spoken, their knees hit the ground, getting scratched and bled, but it wasn't more than the blood covering the whole in their clothes.. right where their heart was...

"SOOORAAAAAAAAA!!!!"

Takemichi grabbed his head, screaming like he never did, his throat hurt as he shut his eyes close, "dummy, the hell you screaming about?" Mikey jolted to grab you when he saw you fall backwards, his white blouse hanging from his shoulder getting covered in blood in just mere second, "h-hey...long time no see" you tried to reach your hand and brush the tip of your fingers against his warm cheek "what are you-"

"I'll say hello..to the others, k-kay?" You gulped trying to smile, the last smile that will ever appear on your lips, the last time he'll get to look at your silver eyes, as they slowly closed, feeling your head lean against his chest as he pulled you tightly, holding into the back of your head as he clenched his jaw, why did he have to suffer even more? Why are you even here??

"Just let me rest already.." he hugged your cold body close, shoulders trembling as he sobbed, your breath coming to a stop as he couldn't feel any life from you. He won't see any smile, he won't laugh with you again, he won't cry with you again..

"What do I think of Manjiro leading us? Well...I totally think he deserves it~"

"Manjiro♡"

"I got us Tayaki~"

"Don't worry- He just wanted to make you happy! What's important that Shinichiro didn't get hurt"

"I think we should go check on kei"

"TOKYO MANJI GANG'S ACTING LEADER! SORACHI YAMAZAKI!!"

Takemichi sat up covering his mouth, trying to muffle his sound much as possible but it only made him feel choked like he can't breath.

"Wow~ you're really brave!"

"They are in your hands now"

"Hanagaki Takemichi, you have fought with us, you put your life in danger for me..for Draken, I am great full for you, proud to have someone like you to be on our side"

"take of each other..love ya♡"

"I take my partners everywhere I go! Got a problem Kashi?"

"and there has been times when you looked different"

It's too late to be sorry..

Takemichi's pov:

Mikey-kun was arrested right after, he didn't even try to fight back, he didn't try to escape, and now he was sitting in prison..waiting and counting the days to his death sentence to be done.

And me?

I was standing in front of an old enemy, a guy I only fought against 12 years ago, but it was actually just a few days ago before New years..

"Taiju-kun..I'm sorry for your loss" I could only bow down with hands behind my back, but he just nodded. My heart ached as I took a seat.

Sorachi Yamazaki as some called her, but those were who only knew her ages ago, now she's known as Miss Shiba..the wife of one of the biggest business men, Taiju Shiba.

I remembered..I finally remembered..

"Married??" Takemichi stood up upon hearing the word "mhm! Gorilla and I are getting married" you leaned over the table, crossing his arms, eyes following the boy's movements as he sat back down.

"I don't see any of the guys anymore...they keep disappearing one after the other" now I understand it, you knew. "Taiju asked me years ago to wait for him... And I thought... maybe I'd give him a chance" you smiled sincerely at the memory when he proposed, you were happy, you had a deep sense of security, of protection..

"Buhahaha! You ended getting married before mee! Congratulations!!!" He held up his drink to click it with yours, but you didn't "oh come oooon~ don't leave me hanging like this" he booed as he pouted "I'm sorry I couldn't save her"

That day..after Hinata's funeral..you visited him to take care of him...you stood by him.

He couldn't fight back the tears, as he hang his head low, hoping no one will focus on him.

"We meet again" till someone sat next to him, it was just like that one timeline, sitting in your funeral, in the chair on his right, arms folded as he was scanning the place. "I don't think I'll have to explain myself" Hayato mumbled so no one would hear him, "Hayato-kun-"

"Don't worry, I won't die this time" the boy cut him off before he could talk "the murderer have been arrested, I think we're safe.

Murderer..? Why would he call Mikey that?