Eighty Five

*Mature Content*

<>

Eighteenth of February: Sunday

The number of times Steven had caught flights to or from Boston's International airport within the last six months was ridiculous.

He hoped it would be the last personal adventuring for a while, but the band had touring exploration to accomplish, and he knew he would be on planes one night to the next to promote their success globally and meet the fans.

For now though, Steven had the woman he loved by his side, and he had one more surprise up his sleeve.

"No Joe to pick us up?" Leah asked, holding onto his arm.

The flight was decent, both of them sleeping for the majority, and it was now mid morning on a Sunday.

"Nope, not this time."

Steven led her past the taxis, towards the long stay where he had left his car. He was mindful to keep his head down, subconsciously gripping the handle of his suitcase tighter when a few people glanced in his direction and took an extra moment to contemplate if they recognised him.

Breaking into fame was still an adjustment, not that he disliked it, and he was hoping to enjoy it more once his personal life was sorted.

"How is he?"

Guilty for the lack of conversation, Steven forced himself to perk up. The interest on Leah's face eased his worries to an extent, but reminding himself they were together, and in this together, was the ice breaker from nerves.

"Joe is hopelessly in love," Steven said, enlightening the subject of his best friend's blossoming relationship.

"Really?"

"Yep. Completely smitten."

As it happened, it was exactly how he felt, but unlike Joe, who was definitely considering proposing to Billie much to the band's disagreement that it was too soon, marriage was not a priority on his mind.

Though, the thought of getting down on one knee in the most perfect setting, and slipping an engagement ring with the finest cut diamonds and a personal engraving on Leah's finger, making his promises in his scuffed speech if he wasn't choked up by tears, gave him possibilities of the future.

"Aww, are you jealous it's not you?"

A few blinks set Steven to the present where he wasn't exchanging vows, but he had heard, and he very much saw the fake sympathy pushing out Leah's bottom lip.

He was more than happy to play along too.

"Oh, we fuck on the side, y'know? Blowjob here and there. Keeps us sexually..." He tried thinking of the word, slowing to a stop in front of his car to find his keys.

"Content?"

Steven made a disapproving face at the suggestion, and continued to take the task of finding the correct description to back up his point seriously.

"No, like...inert," he decided, satisfied with his choice. He pushed the suitcase handle down. "Sexually stable."

The car was loaded up, and Steven's routine of lifting weights, push-ups and pull-ups, was actually paying off for more than just his desire to improve his physical appearance.

It was also a lot easier to hold his daughter by her ankles and dangle her upside down for long periods of time...

"Well, if you ever feel the need to blow off steam, I won't be mad if it's with Joe."