Eighty Six

*Mature Content*

Twenty First of March: Saturday

The Duxbury home, as Leah had been asked to describe it by her boyfriend lying in bed on the first night, was like a rom-com perfect that shouldn't exist. But, a grand total of two days and two nights in their new home was all they were allowed to enjoy, because the second half of Aerosmith's tour kicked off and it was travelling on a tour bus with flights to a couple of the Eastern states, and staying in swish hotels.

It was Leah's idea to go along since she was jobless, and she offered to look after Liv during performances, which delighted Steven greatly. As most of the shows were late, it was basically bath and bedtime, but when there was a day slot, it was a free backstage seat to watch and hear the band play.

Leah would be sitting next to Liv on an equipment box, who absolutely loved what her father was doing on stage, despite the ear defenders that were protecting her ears, and Steven would often rush over during a song changeover to say and kiss a quick hello.

If not, he would always wave and blow a kiss, and sometimes, when he was talking to the audience, he would look in the direction off stage and say his daughter was his biggest fan and dedicate the next song he sang to her. Whether it was a demo on the piano, something unreleased, or just Dream On which avidly made its way into their setlists, Steven had a way of bringing tears to members of the crowd.

Leah was happy she wasn't mentioned in one of her boyfriend's rambles, though she expected the cameras to get a shot of a kiss they shared, or her handing Liv over to him, because they always did.

It was just the way of life she had to adjust to as Aerosmith grew in fame, and she was willing to accustom herself to that change.

Tension between Steven and Joey had improved, and Leah could rekindle a friendship with the drummer she once knew. The hug and apologies, bringing up New Year's Eve with their brief encounter before that final show was a promising start, and it might have been the reason behind Joey putting on his best drumming performance yet to end the tour.

Nothing, however, could beat last night when the three of them- Leah, Steven and Liv- finally returned to their home in Duxbury, and crashed into their own beds.

Aerosmith's Get Your Wings Tour was officially complete, a vivid success according to a lot of music media headlines, but Leah found herself waking up a lot earlier than she would have hoped for on the first morning without a concert or rehearsal to lend a helping hand with.

She was freezing cold; there was no arm slung around her waist, no warm chest behind her, and most importantly, the covers had been completely pulled off her.

Frustrated, Leah looked over her shoulder which showed her Steven asleep on his back, head angled away from her on his pillow, and his left hand scrunching up and hogging all the duvet to his neck.

She was about to tug some back, but he rolled over and made it impossible if she didn't want to wake him up. Seeing as this hadn't happened before, she gave him the benefit of the doubt, but if this became a regular occurrence, she would jump on him, and hit him over the head with a pillow to start a duvet-hogging-argument.

Defeated, Leah went to the bathroom, cold, and resorted to pulling her long sleeves over her wrists.

As she was awake and had little chance of going back to sleep, she figured she should get up for the day. It was barely eight am when she took her phone off charge, and if it hadn't been for the grouchy moan and rustling in bed, she would have taken her dressing gown from the back of the door, and gone downstairs.