Ninety Three

Fifty of July: Sunday

"I really hope that's a belt," Leah said, placing sandwich halves on her plate. Making lunch in peace was a rare occasion when she lived with not one, but two children most of the time.

"Mm-mm, guess again."

Steven was hugging her from behind, and with another kiss to her cheek, she turned around to face him.

"Why do you have a boner?"

The fade of his arrogant smile that assumed he could do as he pleased, didn't affect his composure for being called out.

"I went for a piss, gave myself a bit of attention cos I had a moment alone, and...voila."

Leah refused to look down at the casual gesture to his crotch.

"At twenty past one in the afternoon? You know, lunch time, no privacy, and whilst Liv will want you in the next five minutes? Which part of you thought that making yourself horny would be a good idea?"

Rhetorical as the questions may have been, she wasn't going to listen to any further stupid justifications.

"Actually, please don't answer that because you'll say your penis."

Moving away from the blank stare, Leah cleared away her mess, surprised it had stayed so silent, and that there had been no movement behind her aggravated actions.

It was only after she gathered her plate, and pulled out a chair to sit in the breakfast nook overlooking the garden, that Steven finally moved from the spot she had left him in.

"I mean, it will go away if you really don't want-" The ping of his phone served as an interruption, and distracted the hopeful apology. "Oh, the guys are coming over soon."

Leah paused before she took another bite to eat. She was suddenly weary of how Steven was pocketing his phone again. He wore an inappropriate S.O.M.F black vest with a pinched finger and thumb underneath, and her attention stayed there because he proceeded to flick something from the neckline.

"How soon is soon?" she asked, slowly placing down her sandwich.

"Well...?" The doorbell rang, followed by a knock. "How about now soon?"

"Steven!" Leah groaned, scraping her chair back. "We just got home. I've barely unpacked, there's laundry that needs doing, and the house needs cleaning. Why have you invited them over!?"

"Shit, this is...this is not what I planned."

As Steven stuck his hands behind his head, Leah looked down where a glimpse of his boner was sticking into his shorts. For once, it didn't make her feel a thing.

"I have no sympathy," she said, on the verge of laughing.

"What?" Steven dropped his hands, innocently widening his eyes. "I didn't know they would be here right now!"

Leah lifted up her hand that had been resting on the knob of the chair.

"A text? A call? Oh, and maybe don't get hard in the middle of the day!"

"Tom just messaged that they're outside! How was I supposed to-"

Their arguing that had stemmed from nothing stopped to the sound giggling and the keyhole flap being fiddled with.

"Is your papa here?"

"Nope! Me only."

"No? You're all alone?"

"Joe, please can you just- Hey, Liv, sweetie, do you wanna get your dad, or Leah?"

As faint as it was, they both heard the muffled voices, and their dispute faded away. Awkward glances followed, neither of them quite managing words to breach what had just happened, until Liv came running through the kitchen and barrelled straight into Steven's legs.