One Hundred And Two

Twenty Ninth of August: Two Weeks Later

Having a famous boyfriend came with a few natural strings attached to it, and most, if not all, led back to his social media presence.

Steven had his own account on various platforms by choice, though he didn't feel any pressure to post constant updates on his personal or work life, as did the other boys, and Aerosmith already had a page that was run by Ray where the official announcements were made.

That was all fine, but the news headlines, especially with the recent tour and 'lead singer expecting another child with a new girlfriend', tended to be a lot more intrusive with titles to hook in viewers rather than being factually correct.

Leah was browsing through a selection of those on her phone, the temptation to click on the article more often than not ending with regret reading about what these journalists had to say about her, because despite everything Steven did to keep their story vague, there was always an assumption about her 'replacement', and if their 'relationship was real' when a rockstar was involved.

It wasn't in Leah's best interest to hold onto the negatives she read about herself, or have doubts over Steven's loyalty considering how common postnatal depression was in new mothers, but the media was hard to avoid these days.

"-thirty nine...forty..."

"Ten more to go!"

"Oh g'thiswasalot-forty one...easier'when- forty two...you weren't so...heavy."

Leah looked up, even though the noise from the kitchen, which included winded speech, grunts and giggles, had become a regular early morning activity.

Liv was lying on Steven's back whilst he did push-ups on the floor, and she was his personal mascot and coach whilst he did his routine, with her main purpose to annoy and distract.

It was barely seven am, a restless night for everyone because of the unrelenting heat pushing them through the end of August, and no one had achieved any sleep from the temperature, let alone with Enzo crying his eyes out too, because bless his heart, he was too hot, hungry, and tired all at the same time.

Leah had him now, giving him another feed as the inside of the house glowed from the daylight pouring through the gaps of the blinds.

Being an official mother was a huge adjustment, especially with post-pregnancy having more tough challenges to see through, but she had family and friends offering her endless support, and the best boyfriend in the world by her side.

"You're a hungry boy, aren't you?" Leah smiled at the strong suckling, something she and Enzo were getting the hang of.

"Ahh blue!" Steven's distinctive laugh became more of a giggle. "Stop poking my tummy!"

"Tickle! Tickle!"

What happened next was the threat of a tickling war, and Leah watched on with her son cradled close.

Steven probably couldn't wait to dangle Enzo upside by the ankles too, eliciting a unique set of giggles and a chorus of pleas to get him to stop...and ignoring them until he was almost crying with laughter.

"Buongiorno Enzino." Steven stripped off his sweaty t-shirt, letting it fall to the floor. His smile was even grander when he sat down on the couch. "Are you having a yummy breakfast?"

Liv clambered onto his lap.

"Can I have pancakes?"

"Um yeah'no, you can have cereal this morning."

"But I don't want cereal!"

"Shh, or you won't get anything at all."

"Ughh, you're such a meanie."