~ NINETEEN ~

Sitting in the soft grass, his back leaning against the soft moss on the tree. A book in his lap, The Hobbit if you want to know which one.

The brown, red, orange leaves falling down on the grass, and his school bag is covered with leaves.

He missed him.

He hoped Mike would come by today, but its been an hour later than they had planned.

He picked his book up again, trying not to worry.

But what not if he fell with his bike?

What now if there is another demogorgon that he wasn't prepared for? ( one attacked Lucas a few days ago, and he is fine. But if Nancy wasn't nearby, he would be at the hospital right now. )

Will kept worrying. He couldn't even concentrate on one of his favourite books!

He wanted to go home.

Right after he thought that, he heard a car pull up. He looked up and saw Nancy's car with Robin in the front seat. He still needed to thank her for the movie a few days ago and give the movie back.

Mike climbed out of the backseat, saying something to Nancy. He then ran over to Will, muttering curse words under his breath.

"Hey, I'm so sorry I'm late. Nancy was still watching a movie." He sat down next to Will and grabbed his own book.

"It's okay, Mike. " Will said, smiling softly.

He missed him.

They haven't talked in a while, alone, with the apocalypse going on. Only with meetings for what to do next.

Mike smiled back and rested his head against the bark on the tree. He opened his book and started reading, too.

They were comfortable like this. It didn't matter if they didn't talk, just if they could be right next to each other everything would be alright.

They both sat under Wills blanket, often gushing about what happened in the book.

Eventually, Mike rested his head on Wills shoulder and asked Will to read aloud.

Will smiled and did what was asked. He told the story. About how Bilbo travelled with the dwarves, going through the forrest with the big spiders. Bilbo uses his ring to save his friends.

It was conforting.

It was home.

From that day on, they decided to hang out at least once a week under that exact tree. Always starting on their own and ending cuddled up while Will read to Mike.

Then they stopped starting on their own. They would just hang out for comfort by each other. To escape from the apocalypse happening at the moment.

And when they all killed vecna, they would continue.

There wouldn't be a week where they wouldn't cuddle with a book in their hand, even when it became winter.

In the winter, they would sit inside Castle Byers, what they had rebuilt with Jonathan, with a cup of hot chocolate. A few cookies. And their confort.

Then something changed. Their connection changed. They became closer. From being close in classes to being close at the dinner table.

They were growing more than friends.

They both realised it. They both wanted it. They both needed it.

"Do you see our chemistry changing slightly? " Mike asked to Will softly. Handing him one of the cookies they brang.

"I think so. But I don't know Mike. Thank you," Will said, grabbing the cookie Mike gave him and biting it.

Mike hummed. Looking at Will, he saw some crumbs from the cookie on his lips. And a little bit of chocolate on his upper lip.

"You have some. " Mike mentioned to his lips.

"Oh," Will flushed and wiped it away with his sleeve. Mike found him so endearing.

Will continue reading. And Mike couldn't stop staring. He just looked so pretty.

With his book in his hand, the other one around Mike's shoulder. Whispering the words like it would be horrible to speak aloud.

His fingers glided over the paper, which made a soft noise.

And then a light bulb went off in his head. He knew what this was. Hell.

Mike flushed. Burying his head farther into Wills shoulder. Will leaned his head on Mike. Smiling.

Oh, he loved him so much.

♡♡♡
695 words

Hi pookies

The only reason I wrote this is because AO3 is down. ( be thankful bc of that 😔 ) Like I miss my morning fluff :<

I like writing like this. Realisations and pre-boyfriends fluff :] ( they fell asleep afterwards, I can confirm bc im the writer )

As I said, there is going to be more chapters in the next 6 weeks. ( woo vacation ) I am going to try to write once a week.

( my birthday is July 28. I want to write 2 times that week bc it's my birthday and i will be bored )

WE HIT 12k READS STOP I LOVE EVERY SINGLE ONE READING THIS SM.

Again, it means so much to me that you decided to read this :]

Stay hydrated and stay safe!!! Try doing something fun today :D I LOVE YOU <3

- C

( updates on story layout : I am going to change the photo on front in the next few weeks, I will show when and to what. + I am going to add playlists links instead of the songs all apart. Every year a new playlist!!! )