~ TWENTY ~

"I'm just so scared, El"

"It will go right, don't you worry" she said tightening Will's yellow tie.

"But there is always that what if, I haven't slept that much last night becouse im just so scared. "

El hugged him.

" it will be alright. And if it doesn't, I will fight whomever is trying to ruin it. " she said mumbling into his shoulder.

"Thanks El. How long till I need to go out there?" He pulled away and smiled. He waited years, more than a decade, for this.

"Just 15 minutes. Do you want me to go so you can be nervous by yourself? Or do you want me with you?"

"Wait with me. You need to walk before me aswell, I don't see why you wouldn't. "

El was wearing a beautiful yellow sunflower dress, with little yellow and blue roses attatched to it. Will designed it with El's help. They designed all the clothing.

All the people who wanted to wear a dress had or an plain blue or plain yellow one. And all the people who wanted to wear an suit had an with an blue button up or an yellow one.

Except El and Nancy, who had flowers in both colours attatched to their dresses.

They heard the flooring crack by every step the person behind the door took. They knocked onto the wooden door, " hello?" Their mom asked.

"Come in mom" El and Will said in unison.

Joyce walked inside and went to hug the sibling inmediatly, tears in her eyes and a soft smile on her lips. She was wearing a similar dress as El was wearing, but as said, without the flowers. Her hair was done up with few small braids in it.

"I'm so happy for you, Will" she said between sniffles. They all pulled apart.

"It's time, honey. " their mom said. Will and El made an 'oh' sound and El grabbed her basket with flowers and Will checked once more in the mirror. Then at his mom and sister. He was so happy.

"Okay, let's go. "

Wills mom pulled her arm trough his while El walked in front of them with the basket. They walked trough the endless halls and they arrived, behind those doors his boyfriend will become his life.

Nancy smiled at them, who was waiting for El. They walked trough the door first, a pop song being played while El and Nancy danced trough the audience trowing flower leaves everywhere. Faintly, really faintly, Will and his mom could hear soft giggles. They were funny, really.

"It's time, Will." His mom sighed, " after today my boy won't be a boy anymore. " she said looking with a sad smile at Will as the doors opened.

Not too many people there, as they wanted and expected.

Everyone there was wearing exactly as the dress code was. No single odd one out. Yellow and blue scattered trough the room, it was exactly as Will expected. The walls and chairs everything was decorated. It were mostly white decorations.

Up front at his side were standing El, Jonathan, and Lucas, and on the other side Nancy, Dustin, and Holly, who was the age his and his second part met. They all shined bright. And there he stood.

His person.

Mike fucking Wheeler.

He shined, the room was way brighter with him. If you told 13 year old Will he was going to get married to Mike he wouldn't have believed you.

He is the person he spent his last 2 decades with. He loved him trough storm and rain, and sun and light.

The person whom introduced him to his favourite things.

The person who makes him the happiest.

The person who makes him feel he's real.

The person who makes his room shine a little brighter.

The person who has accepted him trough and trough.

The person he proposed to on their 10 year anniversary, in a flower field in Sweden. With a silver ring. Where all their friends had helped them with.

No music was playing, just soft smiles scattered around. Soft crunches from the flowers on the floor.

Will and Joyce were front too soon for Will, he wanted to relive that view, those thought forever.

He stepped up and stood eye to eye to Mike. Smiling at eachother with one thought.

We made it.

♧♧♧♧♧

723 words.

Idk what to think of this, to be honest 🙏

Nah idc I adore them so much.

Btw in this story they were like, 30?

( El and Will would def design everything for their wedding together 🙏 )

TOMORROW IS MY BIRTHDAY! Edit : nope I won't upload today. Sorry! I have no inspiration so...

Give me some au's you would like? I will write it no matter what. I have some angsty ideas rn only.

MARRIAGE WOOOO!!!

See you tomorrow! Sleep tight, hydrate, eat something and LOVE YOURSELF!!!

Thank you for the support on my previous chapters. LOVE YOU LOTS

-C