~ TWENTY TWO ~

***This is a long one, roughly 6k words. Enjoy !!! •TW• : description of swords (not in a bad way), description of bl00d***

“With this ring- wait no. “

“With this hand, yes, oh fuck. “

“With this hand I will lift your sorrows. Your wine will never be empty, for I will be your cup- wait no, that made no sense. “

“For I will be your wine. With this candle, I will light my mothers hair on fire. Fuck this shit. “

He threw the ring to the ground, regretted it as soon as it lay there in the cold snow. It was worth a fortune, too expensive to let it lay around.

“I will never get it, will I?” He mumbled.

The snow crunched under his feet. Crows flying through the forrest, doubting himself.

Why should he marry her. She doesn’t need a husband. She doesn’t want one. She doesn’t want to be betrothed to anyone. She liked him, she said, but she didn't want the feeling of being in a relationship. It felt wrong for her.

She deserves to have a lovely life. Up in the mountains, in a cabin, like hops, and be happy with her cat.

He stood up, “ With this hand I will lift your sorrows.

“Your cup will never be empty, for I will be your wine.

“With this candle, I will light your way into darkness.

“With this ring I ask you to be mine.”

He put the silver ring onto a twig.

He smiled to himself. He’d done it. The perfect vow.

The crows started kreaching all around, the wind increased around him into a small tornado. Leaves, who are stone-cold and dead, started gathering all around him. Mike started feeling sick. He fell to the ground, and everything stopped.

The silent was loud.

No birds around.

Everything was red and blue. Some black goop on the grass. No grass, just brown dirt.

The air was getting weird. Its getting tight.

Mike was lost, where did he go?

He must’ve gotten lost in the woods and arrived here.

But he didn’t remember this. Only the big tree was standing there.

His head hurt, he must have fallen.

He didn’t know where he was, he didn’t know if he wanted to know.

He started walking, walking around the goop. Going back to the Hopper-Byers house. Maybe the Forrest will turn back to normal again, that he just hit his head.

But the goop, the darkness, the dead, it never stopped.

He saw a gate surrounding the house, He crawled through an open spot. When he arrived no lights were seen. No voices, just the dark. Not even the street lights were on. There was stuff coming inside his mouth. He coughed, so he covered his mouth, the air must be toxic.

Maybe they are just sleeping. That’s an explanation for the dark sleeping house.

He opened the window to his, dead, best friends room. But it wasn’t empty, like it was just 2 hours ago when he was moping about his death.

It still had the twin sized bed, with dinosaur covers. Wills desk, where he drew and painted, Mike’s rooms are full of his paintings, with an open paint set lying next to a single painting Mike has never seen in his life.